Galapagos trip for 2..diver/non-diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aldijo2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello. I am planning a trip to the Galapagos for my 40th birthday. I am certified, experienced diver (so I think). My wife is not a diver. We both want to experience the beauty of the Galapagos, and I would like to enjoy the diving aspect. I am well aware of the new law concerning Liveaboards not allowed land tours. I also do not want to be stuck on 1 Island an due dives from there. Please, let me know that there are options for me. We want between 7-10 days, and I do not have to dive daily, but I won't mind. Recommendations are welcomed.

HI. There are a few options you could choose from.
1. You could do a shorter land visit only cruise (4-5 days maybe) , and then spend the remaining days doing some land-based diving from Santa Cruz. Your partner could accompany you and do some snorkeling, or there are plenty of alterior options to do from there (tours, trips, beaches, hikes)
2. A few land-visit only ships will actually organize some diving for you, upon request. This means they would hire a local day-dive trip agency, and they would come out to meet your boat at some of the islands. This would of course have an extra cost for you, and also you would miss the land visit scheduled for that particular time, but this way you get the best of both worlds.
I believe the Eric/letty/Flamingo fleet offer this, as well as Estrella del Mar ship and several others.
Good luck.

Hi there,
You will find there are many diving and hotel agencies in the Galapagos. I would recommend checking Tripadvisor and Scubadviser .com to check unbiased reviews. We do have diver/non-diver packages.
Do some research and see who looks best! Have a great trip!
Rgds
CH

We did a trip with Red Mangrove in January. It was landbased but had some excellent diving from Santa Cruz, Isabella and San Cristobal. Most mornings we headed out for dives and then came back for a land tour in the afternoon. We were very happy with our activities and all the amazing things we saw, above and beneath the water!!
kristy

There is one small (12 people) motor sailer who has worked out a very nice schedule that, unlike other naturalist cruises using local operators for land based diving, coordinates with their own cupo, one of the nicest boats about 45 ft long, to send out to service divers onboard without divers missing any of the land visits on the naturalist cruise. La Encantada. You get to dive and do land visits without stepping foot on land except to visit.

An interesting option to consider is the 85ft motor/sailor Nautilus which operates in the southern islands and can offer 2-4 dives per day and land visits. You are accommodated each night in an ocean front first class hotel on various islands and spedn all day on the boat, sailing, diving and exploring the islands.

Diving Tour in Galapagos, First Class.
5 days, 4 nights. ONLY $1,625, Up to 9 dives & 2 Visits.
6 days, 5 nights. ONLY $1,950, Up to 12 dives & 2 Visits.
7 days, 6 nights. ONLY $2,275, Up to 15 dives & 2 Visits.
8 days, 7 nights. ONLY $2,599, Up to 18 dives & 2 Visits.
9 days, 8 nights. ONLY $2,925, Up to 21 dives & 2 Visits.

Prices in US Dollars
Nautilus Diving Itinerary approved by National Park

FIRST DAY BALTRA AIRPORT – CHARLES DARWIN RESEARCH STATION 1 Visit
MONDAY BALTRA - SEYMOUR NORTH – GORDON ROCKS – 2/3 Dives
TUESDAY FLOREANA - ENDERBY - CHAMPION – 2/3 Dives Night in Floreana
WEDNESDAY FLOREANA – 2/3 Dives
THURSDAY PLAZAS - GORDON ROCKS – SEYMOUR NORTE – 2/3 Dives
FRIDAY PLAZAS - GORDON ROCKS – 2/3 Dives
SATURDAY DAPHNE - MOSQUERA – 2/3 Dives
SUNDAY COUSINS - BARTOLOME – 2/3 Dives
LAST DAY LOS GEMELOS - BALTRA AIRPORT 1 Visit

You can start the diving Tour any day in the week except Tuesday!
Capactity of Nautilus is 8 divers, It is possible to accept up to 16 divers cruising with another speedboat together.
Everyday is possible to do a check dive and two more dives.
It is possible to start any other day in the week, shorter or longer itineraries.

Package Includes:
All land and marine transportation to the dive sites. Weight belts and aluminium air tanks
Experienced Guides. Dives in the Galapagos Marine Reserve and visits in the National Park
First Class Air conditioned Hotel, double room with private bathroom
Transfers Baltra airport-Hotel-Baltra airport within the tour dates
Breakfast, Snacks and Lunch
Passenger and Liability Insurance on board

Let me know if you need dates.

Dominick Macan
Dive Advice Travel
dom@diveadvice.com
DIVE ADVICE TRAVEL - Welcome to Dive Advice Travel

US.Office Mill Valley California

You can choose how many days want to dive, and you can finish the diving tour any day except Wednesday

Back
Top Bottom