Galapagos on the Humbolt Explorer - July 21 - 26, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barbados Bubbles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been diving for a while and I would never say I am an expert but I have seen a thing or two. I discovered liveaboards a couple years ago and instantly fell in love, and have been doing them ever since. A few friends of mine did the Galapagos in 2008 and have been talking about it ever since, how its life changing and there is no way to describe it ...you just have to see it for yourself.

Getting tired of hearing their stories I instantly set out on researching the location and after one youtube vid I was sold...so then my one other concern was how to get there and how to dive there....I thought liveaboard what else! :)

I have done a few with Explorer Ventures (Saba, Turks) and was never disappointed....great staff...great food....great diving...and nice boats. So the choice was clear...I would go to the Galapagos on the Humbolt Explorer! I must say that even before I got there my interaction with Jennifer Cumming (G) was amazing...she never got tired of my many questions and was there with me every step of the way.

The information package she sent before I left was true to form....just as everything was described as the process I should expect and follow was exactly as it was. Nothing was left to chance.

On arrival in San Cristibal my guide was there....picture taking started and off we were to the bus which took us to the doc where we say the sea lions and out home on the sea waiting and ready for us.

We never had to lift a bag (although I would have gladly) and everything was done for us. Peter was our resident instructor and so friendly and always with a smile...in fact the only time I did not see him smile was when there was a guest who had stop smiling and then he was on to make sure that changed quickly.

William was our resident dive master and what a master he was....helpful...friendly....warm....(and cute too!) and always there when you needed him. His favorite question to me..."are you happy?"....and he was happy when the answer was yes....if you said no then his smile disappeared until yours came back....amazing crew.

The rest of the guys work so hard lifting all that gear to anf from the boat and the pangas....I really felt for them but they refused to let you help and insisting was futile. There were movie nights and dinner...lunch...breakfast...snacks.....all GREAT!....Healthy and tasty meals.....

Now the Diving....AMAZING...nothing like it I don’t know anywhere else you can go and see so much stuff in one place....it has a special place in my heart....my first whale shark....my first Manta....my first hammerhead.....my first sea lion.....I was so happy I cried.....

I will not say that everything was perfect as none of us are but I will say that the experience I had was the best of my life and it would not have been what it was without the Humbolt Explorer and its equally amazing staff.

I have already made plans to book my next trip for Sept next year and of course I will go with the Humbolt Explorer.....i keep in touch with both Peter, William and Jennifer and I cannot wait to see them again. I don’t feel like I booked a trip....I feel like I made beautiful friends and had the best dives of my life!

THANK YOU EXPLORER VENTURES!

Turks and Saba were great but Galapagos was the Best...

Katherine
AKA: Barbados Bubbles

Back
Top Bottom