Galapagos: Eden? Fragata??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveDiver:
This may be slightly off topic. I am wondering if anyone can share their experience diving with the sea iguanas? They look intimidating to me, just wondering on their demeanor in relation with divers.

They ignore you. Snorkeling would be advised as this is very shallow, in surge, and amid the volvanic rocks.

You can do this at the shoreline in Purto Ayorra among other places. They go in early so the can burp and digest in the sun. Iguana snot-spit is a terrestrial defensive mechanism to urge you to stay away.

As to the SCUBA Iguana answer about only two dives per day, I believe they mean to conver two boats per day. They will do two dives on each boat, a total of 4.

I see Hallboy that you are from France. A local expert and habitue in the Galapagos is the well known French u/w photographer, Pierre Constant. Contact him via email- he can wire you in. He does some fabulous trips- very reasonable.

He does not seem to have any trip planned to Galapagos...last was 2 years ago and 17 days, when i can get 10/11 max..

hallboy:
He does not seem to have any trip planned to Galapagos...last was 2 years ago and 17 days, when i can get 10/11 max..

e-mail him. Mention that I spoke with you on line. Same advice to all.

Doc.

I did. how can you make 4 dive a day with scuba iguana , knowing that some dive points are pretty far away?

We saw two marine iguanas eating underwater when we were snorkelling - apparently people don't see them underwater that often (not sure why) but the ones we saw had absolutely no interest in us at all! You're right, there is something almost prehistoric and therefore slightly intimidating about their features, but I certainly never saw anything even approaching aggression. A land iguana kept sticking its tongue out at us one day, but thats the worst it got - kinda cute to be honest!

Back
Top Bottom