Galapagos - Ecuadorean Presidential Decree

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just took a look at your site...great work, I'm glad to see the picture of my favorite seal from Cousin's Rock...I took 20 alone of that guy during our dive through the bait-ball on that dive.

By diving buddies and I have Utila on our list of places we can't wait to dive...we'll be sure to pick your brain. Your project is very impressive, something I'd certainly like to emulate down in Bonaire once I've made some real money.

Let us know when that video is ready!

Hello,
sorry if I missed this but I was wondering if the reversal of decree 2130 ever got "re-reversed" In other words, is finning still legal in Ecuador if the shark was caught accidentally?

Thanks

Glad to see this thread is back up and alive...I haven't heard anything about Decree 2130 recently, but I did get an email from Galapagos Adventures just this that the Deep Blue was just recently granted an official permit that allows it to now begin diving again on Wolf and Darwin Islands...it's a very exciting piece of news for us who really enjoyed diving with them in the past and plan to go back with them in the future.

a video of ecuador shot mostly at wolf, darwin (aboard the galapagos explorer) and isla de la plata in 2010. great trip, i returned to isla de la plata in 2011 (it was that good) but couldn't swing the galapagos again.
[video=youtube;GWKp6G6YO10]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWKp6G6YO10[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom