Galapagos - Ecuadorean Presidential Decree

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris, are you back in Cali? I'd be curious to hear more about your trip...you were on the Deep Blue, correct?

No, the Aggressor. But our DM was from the Deep Blue boat (Solon Intiago). Trip was very god. whale sharks better than last time I was there (stil not the 20+ you dream about, but how many whale sharks do you need to see? [don't answer that]), but hammer and galapagos sharks not as good. Result of fishing? who knows.

We were told itineraries are pretty much set in stone. not sure if that is aggressor or GNP setting the itinerary.

BTW, time spent in the Ecuadorian Amazon was awesome as well. I am finding there's more to Ecuador than Quito/Galapagos! :)

Anything specific you want to know or just generally?

Yeah, I know this is an old thread, but here is some new information.

A yacht owner in Galapagos appeared before the Ecuadorian Supreme Court to challenge the Galapagos National Park's (GNP) ruling that caused the recent changes. He was seeking to have it changed back to the way it was before the GNP's ruling came down.

He lost.

I have no idea what this means for 2008. However, this particular boat is not accepting new reservations for 2009. At least not until they get an idea of what will happens in 2008.

Well we are in the last week of 2007, I would be very curious to know if anyone has any new information on whats going on with GNP and any dive trips people have planned in the coming year.

We're keeping our fingers crossed that the Aggressor will continue to offer land tours in 2008. We booked our trip over 2 years in advance. It would be very disappointing if we couldn't go ashore. Especially since it's our first trip to the Galapagos. Can't wait!

I did met the general manager from the two Galapagos aggressor at Paris during the annual show for diving , and this was last week .
He did told me that aggressor get the two permits to make land visits and diving and that they will continue to offer both.
Hope it's help you.:wink:
Things can change quickly to Ecuador , as my cruise with deep blue was cancell in July 4 days before départure to Ecuador ..:D
But I don't think that it will be so with Aggressor.
Anyway , this year we have make reservations on the Okeanos Aggressor Coco island for August , it's our second trip on that boat , and we were absolutely delighted by the first cruise , hope it will be the same .:)

Was on the Aggressor January 3-10. Only thing we couldn't do that past trips did was snorkle with penguins. All other land trips were included and great. Darwin and Wolf were unbelieveable even without the Whalesharks. Full trip report coming when I can. Aggressor was a tremendous boat.

itsjustme0770....where is that trip report?!? can't wait to hear about your Darwin and Wolf dives

Enron- sorry for not posting earlier. Check my blog under my signature. Also have a video that I am working on and will try to either post to youtube with a link or a link on my homepage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom