Gaining experience with Dive tours

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't get certified unless it's for you. If you don't have the passion to dive, it is a waste of time and money.

I can't disagree more!

You can't dive unless you are certified.

There are 'discover diving' experience out there and they'll let you know if you will be able to handle diving mentally. Some people can't get the idea of being weightless and breathing, underwater.

I would say I wasn't really passionate about diving until I went on my first real open water boat dive off of Eleuthra. My wife and I do our giant strides off the boat into 82 degree water that was a beautiful dark blue. We hooked up with the DM at 60ft and made our way to the drop off. I was diving, but I wasn't enjoying myself yet. We approach the drop off and there is the massive sinkhole next to the edge that created this natural bridge. We edthe DM and descend into this hole and under the bridge. At the bottom of the hole was the biggest sting ray I had ever seen and have still ever seen. He was resting in the sand. The DM pointed out those arrow shrimp. Then a flounder. I looked at my computer and air. 112ft. Oops. I was at 1400psi. Time to make our way back. We ascend up the face of the wall via a chimney in the rocks. The DM disappeared into school of silver sides. We followed. I was enjoying myself.

That was the 'ah ha' moment for me.

Now I dive where ever and when ever I get a moment. I have have established and New Years Day tradition and ringing in the New Year with a dive.

Licensed to Creel there is simply trying to keep their waters from getting 'more crowded'.

Get certified.

I had the same worries before I got certified. I don't know about your area, but here just about every shop has a dive club and there are more clubs beyond that. I might just be lucky but I happened to fit in with my shop/club very well (at least I think so). So I would say go for it. Also check around ScubaBoard there is a lot of good info here, but also remember this is still the internet and you mileage may vary post to post. Including mine :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom