gainesville area diving ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
By some unfortunate turn of events, I've found myself doing travel nursing here in gainesville, fl :eyebrow: . I know I'll make it down to the keys when I have some extended days off but was wondering if there was any place close by for diving. Nothing too complicated, just someplace for a relaxing dive. Thanks.

midwestdvr:
By some unfortunate turn of events, I've found myself doing travel nursing here in gainesville, fl :eyebrow: . I know I'll make it down to the keys when I have some extended days off but was wondering if there was any place close by for diving. Nothing too complicated, just someplace for a relaxing dive. Thanks.

You must experience diving Ginnie Springs. It is a entertaining and unique attraction in N. Florida area. I don't know exactly how far away it is from you, but i suppose no more than 30 min. drive.

Only the best cave diving in the world... for those not inclined for overhead there's still Ginnie Springs, Blue Grotto, Devils Den, Manatee Springs SP, Troy Springs SP... the list goes on... :)

Are you at NFRMC?

As Ben stated, there are many freshwater dives in the area. Also, West Palm Beach has some great drift diving. It's about a 4 hour drive.

Cheers,
Jamie

Divesherpa:
Are you at NFRMC?

As Ben stated, there are many freshwater dives in the area. Also, West Palm Beach has some great drift diving. It's about a 4 hour drive.

Cheers,
Jamie

Nope. Working at the VA hospital. Didn't know ginnie was close. I've gotta make it to that place before I leave. I've heard so much about it.

Hey, I have an appt at the VA hospital there in a week, maybe we can hook up for a dive.

Ill be in Gaineville this saturday, have an appt at 1030 but should be done by lunch. I would also love to dive there, Anyone interested (I havent dove my doubles in fresh water yet)?

Im not cave cert so I know that might limit things.

So whats the entry fees for some of the common sites?

There are going to be stacks of SB members around Ginnie this weekend. Its only about 30-40 mins drive, 10 miles up I-75 to exit 399, then off another 15 miles or so from there.

Entry to most of these places is either $27 for Ginnie, $30 for Blue Grotto, Devils Den and Paradise Springs and $10 for the state parks.

thanks for the info SimB!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom