G9 to Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Inon AD lenses (UFL-165AD Fisheye Lens, Inon UWL-105AD Wide Angle Lens & 2 Inon UCL-165AD Close-Up Lenses) with my Sony housing, and I attach them to the housing with an Inon lens mount.

Which mount do you use to attach your wet lenses to the housing? And are your lenses threaded or do they twist and snap in?

Thanks,

Adrian

I just realized the housing includes two seperate ports and they both are 67mm threaded.

Patima PDCH-G9 Housing with Two Ports (Wide/Close-up) for Canon PowerShot G9 #PDCH-G9

Thanks!

You can expect to use the short port , but I did not find the long one very useful.
I 'm not sure , but I think that you will perhaps not be able yo use AD mount lense on this housing

I recognize that when I dive with the short port, I will exclusively have to shoot close-up macro photography, which I do enjoy doing. My plan is to buy two Inon close-up lenses (INON America - Product Catalog), identical to the ones I already use, but with the 67mm threads.

And yes, I have already discussed my lens situation with the photo shop and my lenses will not fit the new housing - It's a shame, because I have four lenses that I will have to replace with the identical lenses, just with the 67mm threaded mount. I have considered an adapter, but have been told it will not work.

Awesome shots. Sure looks like a beautiful place to dive. Love the shark shot looking up.

Sorry I don't know what is ps3 , I use mainly photoshop élément , and try to modifie my pictures as less as possible .
Every treatment come always with a loss of quality !!
I did try to shoot in Raw , but actually don't have yet any opinion about this .
I'm looking for some software to treat Raw format from the Canon G9 .
Dxo optic don't treat the pictures from the G9 , and the add on of photoshop is a bit poor.
If anybody has any idea ..

Very nice pictures with great colors... :14: Must be a beautiful place to dive there!

You can edit Canon G9 RAW in Adobe Lightroom 1.4. Actually you are not editing the RAW but lightroom keeps the edits in a seperate file. When you export to JPG the editing is applied to the export.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom