G9 Pictures From Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anybody have any thoughts on what might have gone wrong in the "Clownfish #2" picture? No matter how I adjust the white balance in the Raw file, the stripe still has that blue/purple tinge to it. The rest of the picture seems to have correct color though. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks!

i think you can't do much about that; certain shooting angles and/or hash transition between colors will just create this sort of chromatic aberration.
but maybe somebody has an idea though.

Does anybody have any thoughts on what might have gone wrong in the "Clownfish #2" picture? No matter how I adjust the white balance in the Raw file, the stripe still has that blue/purple tinge to it. The rest of the picture seems to have correct color though. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks!

That is a lens issue... which to some extent all lens have.. the different frequences of light do not exactly line up. The Macro lens wll make this a little bit worse.

Usually only can see it when you have a high contrast sharp edge.

There is a software correction for this...if it really bothers you.

I am very impressed with your pictures...nice work.. you should be proud.

Back
Top Bottom