G2 Did not log Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So after having it nearly a month, ScubaPro has finally returned my G2, with really no explanation of what the problem was, other than the obvious that it was a software bug in version 1.3 - as they did not replace the unit but the software has been updated to version 1.4. I have yet to dive with it but hopefully it will be fine. So any of you that have upgraded to 1.3 I recommend you move to 1.4, which I assume is what is now available on their website.

I often get a chkdsk error when I plug in my G2 and I don’t bother with it. Never had a dive missing from the log, but I did have a blank screen on one dive with the entire dive being logged perfectly.

happy to say did 4 dives last week, 2 over 100', and the G2 operated flawlessly. Kudos to Scubapro for making it right!

Today I did 3 dives. The first two the G2 added to the log. On the 3rd dive the G2 worked fine, however when I went to download the dive to my phone, it was not in the log (the first two dives were though). Nothing else seems amiss. Has anyone else had this happen? I am on the latest firmware (1.3).

Interesting. I completed two dives yesterday. The first dive does not show up in my G2 log book, nor can I download that logged dive to my computer or my phone. The second dive was logged and - the G2 recorded that it was the second dive that day and the surface interval was i hr, 9 min. The missing dive was also my deepest dive to date. When I look at the statistics, it has the correct number of dives and recorded the missing dive's depth as the deepest dive. Ah - so the G2 knows I completed a dive. knows that I completed two dives that day, knows that the dive, that it is not showing, was my deepest dive - etc. So - that data was recorded - the unanswered question is why won't it display that dive data!!! I called ScubaPro Technical Support and they had no answer - suggesting I had the computer in gauge mode - though the manual indicates dives will be shown as completed, even in gauge mode - they just won't have the same amount of information.

Thoughts?

So the end of the story for me is that Scuba Pro could not determine what was wrong with my G2 - they had if for a month, sent it back to me and told me it was "fixed" - but then the same behavior happened again. This second time I sent it back and they just sent me a new unit, which I have yet to test. The hypothesis that I formed with my dive store manager is that there was a hardware issue - this would likely be much more widespread if it were a software issue. Hoping that this second unit will be ok, as the first time I will dive it is in Bonaire :/

I will say at all times underwater the computer functioned flawlessly, and I dont think this is a safety issue as at some level the computer knows you have dived (it ups your dive count) and as you mention clocks your surface interval. its just the data doesn't get to the log... which is annoying, but not life threatening. Of course the expectation of a system that you depend on to keep you alive is flawless operation across all functions.... which I am hoping I will find when I try out this new one.

This is something ScubaPro needs to address head on. A computer that is not functioning properly diminishes ones confidence in whether this piece of gear will keep you safe. I, for one, expect a technical explanation for the exhibited behavior. Otherwise, I know they are as clueless as I am as to the cause. Given that, what can I trust about this component. I plan to send mine back for evaluation, but they better come back with answers, or I'll find another life safety component manufacturer.

Yeah, they were not very forthcoming with info... I was going through my dive shop. All they told him was that they were sending it to Switzerland for more evals and they send me a new one. I agree with you, however, I doubt I will hear back directly.

Got rid of mine a long time ago.

You can’t selct gradient factors...it doesn’t match up to any dive planning software. Mine flooded on 3rd dive and was replaced.

This isn’t a serious tech computer...and scubapro doesn’t have a clue...they just get them from Uwatec and sell them with 0 knowledge of the inner working of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom