G2 Did not log Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Russell e Wolfe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Today I did 3 dives. The first two the G2 added to the log. On the 3rd dive the G2 worked fine, however when I went to download the dive to my phone, it was not in the log (the first two dives were though). Nothing else seems amiss. Has anyone else had this happen? I am on the latest firmware (1.3).

So when I connect to my PC with the USB cable I can download the dive on the computer, but I also get a drive read error telling me to run CheckDisk... wondering if this has something to to do with my last drive not being written to the G2. Anyone else seen this error?

I haven’t seen that before. Hope it’s just a one time thing. Have you contacted support?

I haven’t seen that before. Hope it’s just a one time thing. Have you contacted support?
Yes, through my Scuba shop... they (Scubapro) claim they have not seen it before either...

If the disk is corrupt it makes sense that the write didn't happen... however it is disturbing that no error message was given... its like the dive never happened.

Scubarpro, if you are paying attention... a chkdsk error appeared when accessing the G2 drive (disk mode) from my windows 10 PC. I told Chkdsk to correct error and then I resinstalled 1.3 software. I can now access files without error from flash drive. note at no time did I receive a "Flash Corrupted!" error from G2 nor was the reformat flash 8.11 menu option available. My hope is this was a one time anomaly - but I'm not sure that is really possible. I am not a software engineer but it may warrant reviewing error checking and verify-after-write functions within the 1.3 version of the software. Love my G2... hate unsolved mysteries...

Scubarpro, if you are paying attention... a chkdsk error appeared when accessing the G2 drive (disk mode) from my windows 10 PC. I told Chkdsk to correct error and then I resinstalled 1.3 software. I can now access files without error from flash drive. note at no time did I receive a "Flash Corrupted!" error from G2 nor was the reformat flash 8.11 menu option available. My hope is this was a one time anomaly - but I'm not sure that is really possible. I am not a software engineer but it may warrant reviewing error checking and verify-after-write functions within the 1.3 version of the software. Love my G2... hate unsolved mysteries...

Unfortunately scubapro doesn’t monitor not participate in these forums.

Have you tried calling customer service
1-800-467-2822

Well that's disappointing...If I were a product manager I certainly would monitor forums. I any case I have not called yet, as I mentioned above I had the scuba shop where I bought it reach out, but they didn't get anything more than "if it happens again, send it in". I am going to try it again in a couple weeks on a weekend of wreck dives... hopefully wont have further issues... I will probably call regardless. Thanks for responding...

We had a customer with similar issue and the computer was replaced by Scubapro. The issue arises because the log file is corruptible and can be deleted and altered when plugged into the computer.

Yep, ScubaPro asked me to send it in... however I have to wonder why I couldn't just have deleted the log file. Assume it would create a new one on my next dive. Hoping they will get it back to me before my next dive trip, which is coming soon

Yep, ScubaPro asked me to send it in... however I have to wonder why I couldn't just have deleted the log file. Assume it would create a new one on my next dive. Hoping they will get it back to me before my next dive trip, which is coming soon
Not sure it works like that, but hopefully you get some more info from Scubapro!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom