G11 or S90 Ikelite or Canon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

INON WP-DC35???????? on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Check this out! Appears to be e new INON AD or AD28 mount base for the WP-DC35 housing. Completely different from any INON mount base I have seen. Maybe includes the small arm for mounting a focus light or strobe, as well as nice fiber optic cable connector. If they build it I will certainly try to get one before my next dive trip in May.

That's almost as big as the housing. I bet it costs a lot more than the usual mounts.

The only thing that really appears different there is the addition of the mount for a focus light, the dual slot optical connector is part and parcel to all Inon kits. Here you can see the same fitting on the WP-DC12 Canon housing with AD adapter:

P1070128.jpg

4351031666_12acb8d1ba.jpg

I believe the adapter being shown in the picture is a 28AD kit mount. But there is one odd thing, the bayonet adapter is knurled as if it threads into the adapter plate. If so I wonder if that is to allow the housing to use both 28AD and 67mm threaded lenses, hmmm, if so, this is huge! Note also the unusual thickness of the plate, again, as if to allow for threading!

In fact, that looks a lot like a 10Bar AD adapter screwed into that plate, curiosity is overwhelming me, I am breaking out in hives to know what they are up to there.

N

Last edited:
Since FIX didn't waste any time getting their housing out for the S90, I can only hope INON does the same

This site has a price, but no date:

Cameras Underwater: Inon AD-mount bayonet lenses

Same price as other INON mount adapters, so that price may not be correct either (or the production one will not be like the one your link above).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom