G11 First Pics !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OEM? Do you mean the Canon housing? Pics of the set with strobe? And Why not the S&S 110a?

Thanks Shayne!

Promocop - Yes I'm using the canon housing and I did certainly look at the 110a, z240, d2000 etc.....and will be buying a pair of "higher end" strobes in the near future. But for $400-$500 less for the Intova strobe I was pleasantly surprised by the results. I am on the road right now but will post a couple pics of the setup when I get back home at the end of the week :)

Hello everyone!

Anyway ..... after tons of research I decided to go with the G11 in the OEM housing, also bought an Intova strobe and a tray from Optical Ocean Sales.

First of all, awesome pics! Thanks for sharing, mate! :coffee:

Secondly, is there a specific part number for that Intova strobe? I'm really curious about your setup as I will be purchasing a rig in July.

Thanks! :D

Thanks Didje!

The strobe is an Intova ISS 2000 ....

ps. I'm actually in Montreal right now at Place Bonaventure for a trade show :D

go Habs!!!!! :wink:

This pictures are a very good example that a "non fancy" strobe can make very good pictures. All depends on the hand of the photographer and to be at the right moment on the right place....

Chris

I bought the fibre optic cable for that particular strobe and used the provided 3M velcro thingy that sticks to the front of the housing ....... it worked without a hitch. I did use a little electrical tape on the outside of the housing around the cable just to help block any of the cameras internal flash ....

Back
Top Bottom