G10 UW MF how to adjust indicator??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okidoki

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have just got the G10 and I have problems getting my MF working, can some one tell me how to manipulate the indicator in order to get closer to subjects as well I find that for every pic i have to press the macro button to get a macro setting?

I have just got the G10 and I have problems getting my MF working, can some one tell me how to manipulate the indicator in order to get closer to subjects as well I find that for every pic i have to press the macro button to get a macro setting?

Once you are in Manual focus, and you use the back dial to focus in and out... just move the dial (ring or whatever one wants to call that thing on the back)l counter clockwise down the first indicator... keep moving and it will jump to the macro mode, and continue closer. Reverse to focus out.

I am guessing you are not moving that ring (the one around the func set button).

hi puffer fish,

underwater you can't scroll the ring as that function is not there on the housing.

thx

OK--So, first check the sticky for this Canon Corner folder. An excellent piece of information is very well presented by Gilligan about making ANY rotary wheel settings using a Canon WP-DC28 housing or similiar. It is THE workaround for any function that you would use the rotary thumbwheel for--but can't. Check it out, it's so well illustrated my words would only confuse the issue.

If you still have probs just specify, but I did double check, works great for MF control. Uh, what is your problem on Macro btw? You aren't saying you have to reset Macro for each shot are you? That would be an issue... // ww

hi puffer fish,

underwater you can't scroll the ring as that function is not there on the housing.

thx

Sorry, did not know we were talking abou in the canon case... the two button trick works nicely..

Back
Top Bottom