G 11 housing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best desiccant packs are at Preservation Station. Use the 2gram packs. They change color as they absorb water and they are easily recharged. I've been using them for years.

Preservation Station 2g packs

I have an Ikelite and a Canon G11 housing and have never had a problem with either of the fogging. I also had a Canon G9 housing. The Ike is more capable but also larger. I use the Canon housing for the smallest size, depending on what kind of diving I am doing. I prefer the Ike when I take a strobe.

Hey, guys, Thanks so much for your help!!! Those are great sources and I've stored them!!!

Having the visual que that they are absorbing moisture and need recharging is great. Otherwise I'm never sure they are working. Thanks.

Kind of like the great white shark repellent I wear? :D

I think the capsules can only, in a best case scenario, deal with humidity at a certain rate. So if things heat up really quickly, you may have issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom