Fyi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neato. They're pricey for rig diving, but these small-party Flower Gardens trips are intriguing! I wonder what their transit time is... they leave out of Galveston rather than Freeport too. I should forward this website over to the Sanctuary folks...

For rig diving, I've always heard good things about Ultra Dive. Never tried 'em though.
http://www.ultradive.com/

I have heard that they found a reef off the coast of Texas (not Flower Gardens) but cannot find any information on it. Is this true?

I copied each link to the sticky with Texas dive sites.

People are always asking about rig trips off the Texas coast. I am getting real interested in spearfishing. It looks like, from these listings, that $135 for a two tank is the best rate.

I may be looking to schedule a trip or two. Anyone interested?

TwoBit

Of the rig trips listed I like Out to Sea the best. There isn't a wole lot of difference between Galveston and Port A. for me.

Native Texan 2 has a 30 minute time limit on all dives. I don't like time limits. I understand they are on a strict schedule, but I like to plan my own dives and do my thing.

Pretty broad cost range for the boats. Broad range of boats too. Thanks for the info yall.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
Of the rig trips listed I like Out to Sea the best. There isn't a wole lot of difference between Galveston and Port A. for me.

Native Texan 2 has a 30 minute time limit on all dives. I don't like time limits. I understand they are on a strict schedule, but I like to plan my own dives and do my thing.

Pretty broad cost range for the boats. Broad range of boats too. Thanks for the info yall.

TwoBit

I would be in on a possible group charter,,,,I have several dive buddies that if schd. permitted would prob. join the group. Both Fish n Dive and Out to Sea look good. Most of these small charter guys start running in April.........I am avlb. during mid week for trips as well in many cases. I would be a 'greenhorn' at this private charter rig diving.

goofystan:
I have heard that they found a reef off the coast of Texas (not Flower Gardens) but cannot find any information on it. Is this true?
There are "pinnacle reefs" all over the continental shelf and upper slope, throughout the Gulf. The majority are a bit deeper and smaller than the Flower Gardens, but trust me, there's plenty of the things. Reef fishes and coral galore, many are marked on the nav charts.

The local Sanctuary's been actively surveying many of these the last few years. They use ROV's, submersibles, and occasionally, scuba divers. Fun stuff.

Back
Top Bottom