fuzzy pics - me, or the camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

Just a quick question - I am experiencing blurred pictures. Is it me, the camera, or both?

I have a Cannon digital elph (model 910?) and the Cannon waterproof case for it. For those unfamiliar with this "setup" it is a point-and-shoot camera with a flash diffuser on the case, but no external flash. I am not interested in buying an expensive setup.

My buoyancy control is good. Typically I photograph from a range of less than four feet. Photography at depth always requires a flash with my setup requires a sequential auto-focus, followed by flash charging, followed by photograph w/flash. The process takes at least a full second, if not longer.

Is the problem likely a slow shutter speed coupled with my hands shaking? Is it likely that I drift between auto-focus and the picture being registered? There is no external flash for a Canon digital elph that would help out, is there?

Thanks

Figure out what camera you have, read the manual, increase the ISO....Use a modeling light or video light to help the auto focus.

Canon Camera Museum | Camera Hall - Digital Compact Cameras

Canon Digital IXUS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom