future teen diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ahhh lucky people!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ORCAS!!!! LOVE THEM!! ask netdoc for access to scubaducks and teens(you too andrew(try2dive)) its where most of us teen divers hang out!! give the pods a wave for me!!!

amazingbiologirl:
ahhh lucky people!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ORCAS!!!! LOVE THEM!! ask netdoc for access to scubaducks and teens(you too andrew(try2dive)) its where most of us teen divers hang out!! give the pods a wave for me!!!
hi i'm ORCAchick waz up? did you know that 2 baby orcas where born up here in the san juans this month? both in l-pod! you seem to love orcas so yeah well got to go bye! :scubadive

try2dive:
How is the diving thier in Washington? I went snorkeling thier and did a little bit of spearfishing in the sound and it was rather cold. I would imagine that a dry suit is a must. Right?

ORCAchicks on the phone again. What she ment to tell you is that the water is cold. It stays around 44 in the winter and 55deg.F in the summer, a dry suit is a must in the winter, you can use a two-piece wet suit in the summer. Most divers including ORCAchick use a drysuit all year long. :chicken: TTFN

try2dive:
Hey, your right it is good to see other teen divers. Is open water certification the same as advanced certification?

I guess I will answer that question: No, they both are different level of certifications. Open Water certification is to learn the basic skills to survive in water. Advanced Open Water requires a little more skills than open water - it trains you how to go deeper safety or whatever depending on the organizations (PADI, SSI, or etc...)

wildmtn:
I guess I will answer that question: No, they both are different level of certifications. Open Water certification is to learn the basic skills to survive in water. Advanced Open Water requires a little more skills than open water - it trains you how to go deeper safety or whatever depending on the organizations (PADI, SSI, or etc...)

Thank you for the response, I had figured that is what it was but I am NAUI certified and was just making sure. I have my advanced certification, and I highly reccomend it to anyone who has not gotten it yet. It helps alot with navigation both compass navigation and natural navigation and diving down to 100 feet.

try2dive you can just PM netdoc and tell him that you are a teen diver and ask for access and you should get it! yeah open water and advanced are different..but sum1 already explained it all so i wont get into it! hehe

Hey everyone, nice to meet some other teen divers! Isn't this a cool sport! I'm 17 from Virginia. Nice to meet you all! Are you all going to become Marine Biologists if ya can?

All of you new teen divers, are any of you going to Seacamp this summer?

Polly

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom