Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does not happen to every infected person. Very similar as SARS.
We are all individual.
Maybe an idea to compare Covid-19 to DCS for a moment? There are many, still unexplained, individual differences about how to get it, how it affects you and how you recover from it. But Covid-19 is only 6 months "old". We do not know yet, what we do not know about it. One thing we do know however, it is not "just a flu".
"I hope cases drop in Indonesia soon". Fine, but any logical reason why they would drop?

USA has the worst cases now. European Union is considering of banning US tourists from entering their countries. Indonesia may follow suit whenever it begins to open up.

Our fearless leader says we ought to reduce testing to make our cases look good. LOL

USA has the worst cases now. European Union is considering of banning US tourists from entering their countries. Indonesia may follow suit whenever it begins to open up.

A number of my colleagues are cutting their summer break short and scrambling to get back here now in case that does happen.

Maybe an idea to compare Covid-19 to DCS for a moment? There are many, still unexplained, individual differences about how to get it, how it affects you and how you recover from it. But Covid-19 is only 6 months "old". We do not know yet, what we do not know about it. One thing we do know however, it is not "just a flu".
"I hope cases drop in Indonesia soon". Fine, but any logical reason why they would drop?
DCS is avoidable if you do NOT dive or breathing compressed gas under pressure!
But NO one for sure know how to prevent it! Live like Robinson Crusoe in an isolated island or something similar!
The infection has gone up quite badly in Peking and you would have thought that they should had known better!

Thailand is "talking" to open up to tourism but nothing yet.
Everyone is worried about the 2nd wave!

DCS is avoidable if you do NOT dive or breathing compressed gas under pressure!
But NO one for sure know how to prevent it! Live like Robinson Crusoe in an isolated island or something similar!
The infection has gone up quite badly in Peking and you would have thought that they should had known better!

Thailand is "talking" to open up to tourism but nothing yet.
Everyone is worried about the 2nd wave!
My comparison with DCS was not intended to go that far. I only wanted to say the the discussion about DCS after more than 100 years is not finished yet. And it will take at least some years from now until we understand Covid-19 better.

Sure seems some big voices have gone dark in this thread...

Meanwhile, in some better news, yesterday and expat's KITAS was canceled and he is being deported to Syria as his business in Ubud continually refused to follow social distancing requirements. I love it when officials actually enforce policy.

Immigration revokes Bali spiritual community founder’s temporary stay permit after controversial crowded event | Coconuts Bali
I understand your feeling. But sentiments could become negative to foreigners in general at Bali. Small crime by foreigners is always highlighted. Very scary idea. Same but different: https://nasional.tempo.co/read/1357...-cina-ini-kata-ketua-dprd-sultra/full&view=ok

My comparison with DCS was not intended to go that far. I only wanted to say the the discussion about DCS after more than 100 years is not finished yet. And it will take at least some years from now until we understand Covid-19 better.
We might not have the chance to fully understand the virus! SARS disappeared without a trace.
The next strain could be completely different yet again!

We might not have the chance to fully understand the virus! SARS disappeared without a trace.
The next strain could be completely different yet again!
I have to admit that I even not understand what a virus really is. I can copy/paste it from Wikipedia. But understand?

Back
Top Bottom