Fusion sag fix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divah_Girl

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I thought I remember reading how some divers have solved the problem of sagging on the Fusion by using velcro. I tried doing a search but couldn't find any details. Is the velcro used on the outside or inside? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anna

It's not a fix, but a definite improvement. Basically you glue velcro on the outside of the bag and the inside of the skin (around the pocket) to help prevent sag. We did this on my wife's suit and it does help, but it's no panacea.

Thanks Rainer!

Did you use Aquaseal for the glue?

I too hate the Fusion Tech Skin LE pockets, not so much because they sag, but I can't feel them in my dry gloves to open or close them. Plus I am always having a yard sale displaying my pocket contents when surface swimming. When donning the suit, the weight belt always gets pull uped on the suit to bring it up for upper body mobility. Therefore the pocket sag is not an issue once my dive gear is on. Walking around on dry land is another story, and often I wind up Ghetto Style. From what I understand the newer Bullet skin has the velcro already on it, and Whites was talking about releasing a kit to make the older Fusion cores more like the newer ones with velcro. Of course I do not know the reality of it.

I have a fairly new Fusion Bullet - as of 2 months ago - , and theres a patch of velcro on the inside of the skin, but no matching patch on the core.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom