Fusion Question - not sure if mine is oversize or normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carry93

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all,

I am a newbie to the family of Fusion. I just got mine on yesterday. I am 5'8.5" with 160 lbs. My size can pick both SM size OR L/XL size. Finally I went for the L/XL one and it arrived yesterday.

Since this is my first time trying Drysuit, I am not sure if mine is too large or this is normal. Thus, I would like to seek advice from you all.

I put the drysuit on with underwear only (just like MK0), I feel like a bit long for my body but this is still acceptable. I then put the suspension belt on and adjust the length to the shortest and I put the drysuit on.

Here is my queries, I feel the zip and upper part is quite loose and also I feel my back (backpad soft cushion part) is quite loose and it feel like a sheld swollen. Pls. see the picture.

If there is anyway to solve this or make it flatten? Or this is normal one I am in water and put my backplate on?

Thanks a lot everyone.

Happy and safe Diving!

Attachments

• Image6.jpg
    Image6.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 252
  • Image7.jpg
    Image7.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 247
  • Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 231
  • Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 235
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 224
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 223
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 193
This looks pretty normal.

The key to the Fusion is that it doesn't HAVE to fit like a standard laminate drysuit. You will find that the extra fabric simply crushes and you don't notice it at all.

When my Fusion (S/M) is down for any reason, I dive my husband's L/XL instead. Works just fine.

It may look a tad looser than other Fusions I've seen, including my own. I'm 5' 10" (on a good day) and about 195 lbs (on a good day :wink:) with a bit of centralized "bioprene". Inseam about 30", waist about 33". My L/XL Fusion fits me well except for arms a tad too long and it's a bit tight in the calf section.

I'd try the suit with the thickest undergarments you'll be wearing before making any decisions though. It might be worth trying to get into a size S/M as well, just for comparison.

Henrik

From the experience of people here, if you are on the cusp between two sizes, ALWAYS pick the bigger one.

looks normal to me also. are you comfortable in it? will you be diving with a mk0 (LOL) or will you have more padding on? as you change your undergarments the suit will adjust...as lynne said better to have more than need more..

ww

Hi TSandM, Henrik and scubamountaingirl. Thanks indeed for your advice. Since I am new to Drysuit and this is my first one. Thus I have such query, thanks and I will have more to share after my first dive.

I think chance of getting MK2 or above is less as I am in Hong Kong and dive in S.E. Asia (tropical) most of the time. The water temp here is around 15-30 degree Celcius (59F - 86F)

The reason I raised this topic is because I feel like the inner core and also the softpad squeezing at my back and got swollen a bit like a ninja turtle and thus I ask if this is normal.

Now I feel lot more better and can't wait to try out in water coming weekend. I hope it won't induce much drag for the excessive material.

Thanks again for TSandM's advice always go for a larger one.

Thanks again everyone and Happy New Year!

Hi TSandM, Henrik and scubamountaingirl. Thanks indeed for your advice. Since I am new to Drysuit and this is my first one. Thus I have such query, thanks and I will have more to share after my first dive.

I think chance of getting MK2 or above is less as I am in Hong Kong and dive in S.E. Asia (tropical) most of the time. The water temp here is around 15-30 degree Celcius (59F - 86F)

The reason I raised this topic is because I feel like the inner core and also the softpad squeezing at my back and got swollen a bit like a ninja turtle and thus I ask if this is normal.

Now I feel lot more better and can't wait to try out in water coming weekend. I hope it won't induce much drag for the excessive material.

Thanks again for TSandM's advice always go for a larger one.

Thanks again everyone and Happy New Year!

PM sent.

Carry93:
It would be interesting to see a User Review on Fusion Tech in Tropical Water. If you can put it some time when you have it tested. I travel back S.E. Asia every couple years.

Mike:
Thanks for posting the solution of this concern, and will keep this in mind. I have been searching this for the past couple days. Got mine from a LDS and the fit seemed to make the same way as Carry93's did. Mine is L/XL, I am 5'-10, 155#.

Carry93:
It would be interesting to see a User Review on Fusion Tech in Tropical Water. If you can put it some time when you have it tested. I travel back S.E. Asia every couple years.

Mike:
Thanks for posting the solution of this concern, and will keep this in mind. I have been searching this for the past couple days. Got mine from a LDS and the fit seemed to make the same way as Carry93's did. Mine is L/XL, I am 5'-10, 155#.

Get a SM/MD Skin :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom