Fusion neck seal issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
So I bought a Fusion Demo last year and the neck has always leaked. I am guessing it was trimmed to far back for me.

I bought a bioseal, which worked for a few dives but now it pretty much depends on who helps me line up the seal on the bio. I think im about 80% wet now and dry the other 20% of dives.

After reading up I'm leaning towards a seal replacement, but im wondering how long it will take for them to turn it around?

After reading up I'm leaning towards a seal replacement, but im wondering how long it will take for them to turn it around?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I'm moving this thread to the manufactures Forum for Whites, where the rep can give you an answer on turn around time

Also, have you called the LDS you bought it from to see if they can do it in house?

How loose is the neck seal? If it is latex...., it doesn't have to be choking you out to keep a seal. One funny thing I have discovered about the Fusion though..., and don't ask me why because I can't explain it...., I was getting wet and loosened up my suspenders a bit and now I am dry

My LDS said it had to go back to Whites.

it is very loose and I just noticed this weekend that it is dry rotted as well. Dont know if that was the bioseal that did that or what.

Dove it twice this weekend.
1st dive I watched the bottom and it didnt leak at all.
2nd dive I was looking up and taking pictures and had 52 degree water up to my ankles by the end of the dive.

Looking up will cause any loose neck seal to leak, especially in cold water where you need enough gas in the suit to effectively loft the insulation.

I suspect the "dry rot" is due to contamination from sun tan oil or some other chemical contaminant that has attacked the rubber. Ozone will do it too, if the suit is stored near electrical motors or a source of natural gas where ozone is produced or present.

How loose is the neck seal? If it is latex...., it doesn't have to be choking you out to keep a seal. One funny thing I have discovered about the Fusion though..., and don't ask me why because I can't explain it...., I was getting wet and loosened up my suspenders a bit and now I am dry

I found in my fusion that the velcro tabs were wider than the suspender loops on the suit itself. This was artificially holding down the front of the suit, and leading to a very stretched (and ultimately leaky) neck seal. After removing the suspenders from the loops on the front of the suit, I don't have any problems anymore. It only took me 4 weeks of wet/damp diving to figure this out :D I thought I had over-cut the neck seal for the whole time until I figured it out.

My LDS said it had to go back to Whites.

it is very loose and I just noticed this weekend that it is dry rotted as well. Dont know if that was the bioseal that did that or what.

Dove it twice this weekend.
1st dive I watched the bottom and it didnt leak at all.
2nd dive I was looking up and taking pictures and had 52 degree water up to my ankles by the end of the dive.

You think the seal might be trimmed too much and you say it has dry rot. I hope you've seen the light and taken your LDS up on the offer to correct. Just get a new neck seal installed and be done with it. Have the LDS trim it for you (should be a service they offer if it is the trim to fit variety).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom