Fusion Friction...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for exploring the safety of using Sailkote. I don't want to damage my suit, but the sticky issue needs to be addressed. I will definately try the Sailkote now that I know I have White's sanction.

Lynn, thanks for your advice, I suspected that you were right all along. I just wanted to get White's blessing.

The inside of the Fusion seems to get a little sticky over time -- maybe from condensate? At any rate, fdog had the answer. Buy a can of Sailkote, which is a dry lubricant you can get at boating supply stores. Turn the suit inside out and spray generously. It solves the problem for a couple of months, and then you can reapply.
I
We acquired Sailkote and it worked GREAT! :cool3:It was amazing how easy it was to don my suit! It was easier than when the suit was brand new. Dave has the White's Catalyst 360 and he put Sailkote in it as well, even though it wasn't as sticky as mine and he loved the result, too. I would recommend this to anyone with a drysuit, it just makes it so much easier.

Thank you SO much for weighing in on this, it has helped immensely! This is exactly the kind of thing that makes Scubaboard indispensable.:clapping:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom