Fusion Bullet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Mitch, I ended up buying a santi full heated suit and am finding it restrictive, very hard to move. Not too bad once in trim position but doing things as simple as turning battery on or clipping off reg is really difficult. I've only dove it three times due to the flu so am still hoping it settles down/thins out after a few more dives. Upside, it does keep me much warmer than the BZ200. If it doesn't settle I can't sell it due to custom fit and price of heated suit, battery and Thermovalve was not insignificant, I'm guessing the wider range that the fusions fit would allow me to use the heated suit more comfortably. An expensive solution but better than burning almost $2000.

I am glad you are happy with your Santi. I love my bullet and stick to my views. Maybe you can give us some insight in that you have in the pockets that make the sag?

I carry spare mask, notebook, DSMB, fingerspool, dive tables, trauma shear and 3rd backup light with no issues.

I'm not trying to change your views. I am also happy you love your new Fusion Bullet. You gave roses and I gave some thorns for anyone looking to buy the Fusion. Drysuits aren't cheap. Just saying for others, test before you buy. Rent for a few dives is even better.

The Bullet skin has a rubber grip material on the inner part of the skin where the pockets are located to help mitigate sag by gripping the inner layer. The Bullet skin itself also helps with sag by the skins thickness.

What's in your pockets? :D

Left working pocket had wetnotes and maybe a spool. Basically something random I know I will use on the dive but nothing heavy.
Right pocket had a spare frameless mask, 150' spool, shears, Nautilus lifeline (when appropriate).

The fact is there are two separate layers to deal with, slippage happens topside.

It's a quality built suit. It was just function for me.

*Long drying time. The suit is noticeable heavier when wet.
*Dealing with two distinct layers. Not fun donning on a rocking boat. I would suit up before leaving the dock.
*Making sure the skin lined up correctly with the dump and inflator valves to prevent leakage. Yes checking valve needs to be done with all suits, but you need to make sure the skin is under the bottom edge of the screw down cover. Not a deal breaker.
*During surface intervals, I like to open the suit, drop the top half to my waist while leaving the suspenders on letting body moisture out. Being wet, the out skin wants to migrate down separate from the inner layer. I could have worn a belt but that would trap moisture in the lower half of the suit.

I only wish good towards people. I'm just stressing to try before you buy especially for first time buyers.

I'm seriously looking forward to your future posts as time passes. I love all things scuba and I am always curious how products improve and perform over time.

I listed the items I carry in my pockets in my previous post. Here they are again.

I carry spare mask, notebook, DSMB, fingerspool, dive tables, trauma shear and 3rd backup light with no issues. (unzipped)

I listed the items I carry in my pockets in my previous post. Here they are again.

I carry spare mask, notebook, DSMB, fingerspool, dive tables, trauma shear and 3rd backup light with no issues. (unzipped)

I know. I was just being playful with the capital one card commercial tag line hence the big grin.

I should have wrote that for clarification.

We all have different needs and spending an additional $1300 (bullet vs elite) to fix your sagging pockets just makes sense :D I am not sure how donning a Fusion is any different from donning any other drysuit on a rocking boat, neither do I understand the need to line up valves with the skin? Do you remove the skin a lot? It sounds to me that the suit is slightly too big, but you would know best.

Drying time I believe will be longer and an issue for those in very humid coastal areas or in a hurry. My suit without boots dry within 24 hours but temp here are a toasty 34 Celsius (I am landlocked with humidity around 40%).

The Santi products are fantastic and so too the customer service from what I have read. At the end of the day each diver demand a durable and functional product with great CS that fits a specific budget.

I agree...it's tough to beat a Fusion suit. They are priced great, and check all the blocks for features in a great suit.

Different strokes for different folks. No one suit will meet all divers needs.

I own both a Santi custom cut suit, and two Fusions, a Sport and a Tech, and I own a Bullet skin.

I still think that, at the price point of the Fusion Tech (even after the Aqualung acquisition), the suit is an excellent choice. It's not really hard to don with thinner undergarments, and I use mine for tropical diving these days. Stuffing a really bulky UG into the legs is annoying, at least for me. The forgiving fit is a big selling point -- if you gain or lose some weight, you don't have a problem. I strongly disliked the Bullet skin, because I started with a Sport, which is like a wetsuit; even the Tech skin is more restrictive, and the Bullet reduced my mobility to what it is in a non-Fusion suit. Which is why, despite it's rich, gorgeous red color, it sits on a hanger. I also didn't like having to rinse between the skin and the suit to avoid salt crystals.

The pockets on the Tech skin definitely sag, but it's not really an issue until you unzip the top of the suit and try to walk around in the suspenders. My only real problem with the pockets was that I found them difficult to get into and to close when I was wearing dry gloves and had really cold, numb hands. In the caves, where I have fingers, there is no issue with them at all.

Fusions are really hard to hurt, and are easy to fix if you manage it.

My Santi was custom cut, fits perfectly, is easy to get in and out of, has a bunch of nifty little convenience features, has FABULOUS pockets, and costs over $1000 more than a Fusion. Is it worth it? Depends on how easily you come by $1000.

I have similar experience with ddmattos. I have been diving a TLS350 for a few years when I got a Fusion. The reason I want a Fusion is because I want a suit that I can use for cold/home water with 400g thinsulate, and a suit I can use when I do liveaboard in tropical island. In essense, a suit that fit with different thickness of undergarment. I am 5'6", 135-140lb. According to size chart and everyone I spoke to, sm/m is the right size for me. My Fusion came with both tech skin and integraded boots.

When the suit arrive, my first surprise is now heavy it is. By no mean it is a heavy suit, but it is heavier than my TLS350. It does pack smaller tho. Then the fit. With minimal undergarment, the suit fits really well. The outter skin make it feel like a wetsuit. The range of motion is also very good. However with a 400g undergarment, I feel the skin is too tight. My movement is quite restricted, more so than with the same undergarment in my TLS350. Putting the suit on with thick undergarment is also a challenage, but I can live with this. And then there is the dry time. Tech skin take a long time to dry compared to TLS350 material. This alone almost defeat it as a travel suit.

All in all, I think it is a OK suit for the price. The main advantage is the suit, by design, doesn't have to fit. But this also mean the suit is most likely not a perfect fit for anyone. I'd say if you can get a properly fit (possibly custom make) suit like TLS, FLX or Santi, these suits will perform better than a Fusion. A Fusion will be a better suit if your shell suit is not properly fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom