Fusion Bullet Skin Removal Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CGE925

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm starting to remove the skin from my new-but-used Fusion Bullet DS, in preparation for a cleaning and to be able to install my yet to be purchased Sport skin, and I've run into an issue that I'd appreciate some assistance with before I do some damage. I built a simple spanner tool and removed the Apeks intake and exhaust valves very easily, but I am having trouble figuring out the gaskets on both sides. I assume the gaskets have to be removed in order to separate the skin from the core, but there does not seem to be an obvious way to remove them, and I can't find any discussions on the Web that would help. A Youtube video I did find breezes through the valve removal and makes no mention of the seats/gaskets.

Any thoughts and comments, particularly from those who have done this, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

IMG_4517.jpgIMG_4518.jpg

Leave the gaskets, they are only attached to the inner bag. The hole in the outer skin just stretches around the valve pad or gasket.

Leave the gaskets, they are only attached to the inner bag. The hole in the outer skin just stretches around the valve pad or gasket.

Thanks, got it. I guess I was just being too delicate with the thing and didn't think the skin had THAT much stretch, but it does. Suit is apart and underwent a good cleaning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom