Fusion Bullet questions for owners/former owners.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DustyC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Obviously pretty individual, but what temps did the suit alone work for you?

Any pros, cons you'd want to pass on?

I've read one person gripe about the double layering making it hard to adjust if you get some squeeze.

I have a chance at a pretty good deal on one, but wanted some opinions from owners with no motivation to sell.

Hundreds of dives in a bullet and I've sold many more. I think the fusions are a great suit that are unmatched for flexibility. I've used the tech skin with just a light undergarment in 70 degree water (denotes in Mex) but usually use a thick one with the bullet. The fusion doesn't have insulating properties by itself just like any other non-neoprene suit. Never heard about hard to adjust if there's squeeze.......it's one of the easiest suits to manage the bubble due to the double layer. Don and doff are different than other suits but once you are used to it it's a non issue.

I hate the damn zipper placement. Trash bag suit, makes a ton of noise. Getting into one is equal to dealing with control top pantyhose. I've dealt with one rental Fusion. Never again. I'd rather dive wet than deal with a Fusion.

You get the drift. I'm not a fan.

Hundreds of dives in a bullet and I've sold many more. I think the fusions are a great suit that are unmatched for flexibility. I've used the tech skin with just a light undergarment in 70 degree water (denotes in Mex) but usually use a thick one with the bullet. The fusion doesn't have insulating properties by itself just like any other non-neoprene suit. Never heard about hard to adjust if there's squeeze.......it's one of the easiest suits to manage the bubble due to the double layer. Don and doff are different than other suits but once you are used to it it's a non issue.
I've spent a ton of time in fire dept turnout gear and hazmat suits, so donning and doffing don't matter as much to me as most people. Comfort when on is my main concern. And this will be my first drysuit, so i have nothing to compare it to.

I don't mind the noise, the trash bag feel, or the different technique used to dof and don the suit. Really my only complaint is the zipper routing with the replaceable neck seal. It makes the shoulder area quite stiff so it limits my range of motion more so than my other suits.
I've tried Fusions with glue in neck seal and there's a noticeable difference. It may be Whites Aqua Lung is using a different type seal receiver now, I don't know.

70+ F is workable with just a base layer if you aren't doing a very long dive. Cons pretty much center around the double bag. getting the suit on takes time, but otherwise not really worse than my old usia once you are in the suit. I don't have the quick neck ring. The inner bag usually doesn't bother me because i have a pretty significant undergarment on anyways. more flexible than the hazmat suit at work. haven't had a chance to try the new air core yet though.

for local diving, i am perfectly fine keeping the suit on during my SI's until the end of the day.

I purchased a Bullet with SLT a few months ago when DRIS was having a closeout sale. It replaced a Pinnacle Liberator that was the leakiest POS I have ever used. I have been very happy so far with the comfort and flexibility of the Bullet, even with the SLT neck ring. The Silicon seals feel amazing, and it is much easier to manage the bubble than in a traditional shell suit.

The cons with the Bullet are that it does indeed take more effort to put on than a traditional suit, and it takes some time to dry. It also makes a lot of noise when walking around. These drawbacks are more than outweighed by how it performs in the water though. It definitely dives more like a wetsuit than a normal drysuit does.

I can't speak to how warm you would be without an undergatment. I get cold easily so I would never dive below 70 degrees without something under the shell. YMMV, however.

IMHO the Bullet would be an excellent choice for a first drysuit. Just do yourself a favor and don't buy anything from Pinnacle.

Just my $.02

AE

I have a Fusion that came as a Bullet and hated that skin. The bullet skin is far less flexible than the other two skins and is very heavy when wet and makes the suit a bare to deal with while rinsing after a dive. I would suggest purchasing a Tech or Sport skin if you do end up with the suit, I dive the Sport skin now and it's a night and day difference. You will need some undergarment as I don't think any shell suit is comfortable against the skin.

I have a Fusion that came as a Bullet and hated that skin. The bullet skin is far less flexible than the other two skins and is very heavy when wet and makes the suit a bare to deal with while rinsing after a dive. I would suggest purchasing a Tech or Sport skin if you do end up with the suit, I dive the Sport skin now and it's a night and day difference. You will need some undergarment as I don't think any shell suit is comfortable against the skin.
Just bought a fusion sport, thanks!

Congrats, I know you will be happy. Would love to hear your perspective after a couple of dives.

Back
Top Bottom