Funniest Wal-Mart Purchases

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebrand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm thinking it's time we discuss our funniest Wal-Mart purchases. State what you bought, then tell us why you think it's funny.

My funniest Wal-Mart purchase: 9mm handgun ammo and panty-hose.

No, I wasn't going to go rob a bank. My wife ran her panty-hose the day before my brother and I were heading to the target range. Naturally, I needed ammunition, and my wife needed new panty-hose. It wasn't until we were at the check-out and the cashier gave us a wierd look, before it dawned on us what two items we were buying on the same credit-card purchase. I'm glad my wife was there with us for that transaction!

Not a Wal-Mart purchase, but one at a drugstore about 45 years ago. It kind of shows how the times have changed.

A couple 12 year olds go into a drugstore, and buy a big bottle of saltpeter and a couple smaller ones of sulfur and powdered charcoal.

The druggist looks at us for a couple seconds, and says "never mix up or grind more than an ounce or two at a time", and then rings up our purchases.

THE INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING GUNPOWDER
(click the button if the ingredients don't mean anything to you)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom