Fundies Math

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alright I can't help it, how many sig figures in a number written 3k? :confused:

Is it 1 or 4
:popcorn: :popcorn:

Milo

ScubaMilo:
Alright I can't help it, how many sig figures in a number written 3k? :confused:

Is it 1 or 4
:popcorn: :popcorn:

Milo
That would definitely be 1.

Charlie99:
Nobody has said anything about ACCURACY. We're talking about RESOLUTION, which is not the same. We haven't touched on REPEATABILITY yet. :) Gotta maintain the geek quotient in this thread.
Sorry, I am a Manufacturing Engineer, so I am used to cutting through the BS to figure out how to make something. The look on some "Engineer's" faces when you tell them that no machine can make their design or when you tear their designs apart can be quite funny, especially new Engineers right out of school.

To me most of this thread is meaningless in the sense that the decompression models they are used with have so many soft areas that any resolution lower then +-5' for 2 minutes do not matter.

Gilldiver:
Sorry, I am a Manufacturing Engineer, so I am used to cutting through the BS to figure out how to make something. The look on some "Engineer's" faces when you tell them that no machine can make their design or when you tear their designs apart can be quite funny, especially new Engineers right out of school.

To me most of this thread is meaningless in the sense that the decompression models they are used with have so many soft areas that any resolution lower then +-5' for 2 minutes do not matter.

I would personally not buy a depth gauge that only had a resolution of +/- 5 fsw and a response time of 2 minutes... Perhaps I use it for something other than decompression calculations?

lamont:
I would personally not buy a depth gauge that only had a resolution of +/- 5 fsw and a response time of 2 minutes... Perhaps I use it for something other than decompression calculations?
:rofl3: :rofl3:
Sounds Like you could be 2 minutes into a 5 ft deep dive sitting right where you are, as we speak.:wink:

That is if you have the right guage.

Milo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom