Full Service Dive Shop - Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The husband and I are heading to Maui in November and have never been there. Last 3 trips have been to the Big Island to dive with Big Island Divers and we love that they take care of all your gear - they rinse it, dry it, and bring it to the boat for your next trip.

I know not everyone loves for the shop to handle their gear, but we prefer it. Does anyone have a suggestion for a shop with this type of services on Maui?

Looking to dive Molokini Crater & back wall and would like to see some sites on Lanai, too. Prefer smaller groups of experienced divers. Flexible as to where we stay & launch from.

Thanks!

I don't know of any operator that will do this level of service on Maui...but I'd sure love to hear if someone knows of one!

We dive with Ed Robinson's and they set up, break down, and rinse your gear, but unless you're doing consecutive charter days, you'd need to take your gear with you. ERDA doesnt go to Lanai, so you'd need to book with Lahaina Divers or Extended Horizons for that.

Prefer smaller groups of experienced divers
You probably want Extended Horizons boat over Lahaina Divers boats for that. Experienced of course depends on their customers that day but they definitely have the smaller boat. Maybe Hawaiian Rafting Adventures also - I've never dove with them.

On the flipside if you stay up in Lahaina/Kaanapali/Kahana Lahaina Divers runs a boat to Molokini 3 days/wk. And the Backwall is scheduled on Weds. So you could do both from there - as mentioned above no one from Kihei runs up to Lanai any longer afaik - too much gas/time to get back afaik.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a shop with this type of services on Maui?
Severns let you store gear on the boat if you dive multiple days with them. They're about the only one I know that does.
If I dive consecutive days can I leave my gear on the boat?

Yes.
Maui Scuba Diving - Mike Severns Diving - Maui Dives Shop being a relative term for them since they don't have one - you make reservations and meet at the ramp. The crew are all naturalists so it's a good trip to learn about what you're seeing. They do leave early (so does everyone else) at or b4 6AM. And it's a 45min drive between West and South Maui - probably an hour from Kapalua.

Robinson's also does their Adventure trips certain days of the week geared towards more experienced divers. Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures offers Maui SCUBA Diving tours and SCUBA Certification courses led by the top professionals on Maui.

The husband and I are heading to Maui in November and have never been there. Last 3 trips have been to the Big Island to dive with Big Island Divers and we love that they take care of all your gear - they rinse it, dry it, and bring it to the boat for your next trip.

I know not everyone loves for the shop to handle their gear, but we prefer it. Does anyone have a suggestion for a shop with this type of services on Maui?

Looking to dive Molokini Crater & back wall and would like to see some sites on Lanai, too. Prefer smaller groups of experienced divers. Flexible as to where we stay & launch from.

Thanks!

I would recommend Maui Pacific Diver. They don't have overnight storage but they do rinse all your gear. They have a smaller boat which I like and offer trips o Molokini and Lanai and operate out o Lahaina Harbor

90% sure that Maui Dreams Dive Co. does this for you on their boat trips on the Maui Diamond II

Back
Top Bottom