Question Full on popup adds now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whitrzac

Contributor
Reaction score
Full on popup adds that take us to a outside website?

Is SB in its death throws? This is how you drive away users and kill forums.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240617_131118_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240617_131118_Samsung Internet.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 34

Use duck duck go with your phone. I don't see any of the BS that comes up on my desktop or other browsers.

I dont get any ads.

If more users became ScubaBoard supporters, then there would be less or no need for ads.

How else would you suggest that the expenses are paid for? Running a website, especially with the traffic that SB gets, certainly isn't free.

Not sure, but I think the ads are also how forums survive so they can be here for folks who don't want to pay anything to be here. Solution is just to become a Supporter.

If more users became ScubaBoard supporters, then there would be less or no need for ads.

How else would you suggest that the expenses are paid for? Running a website, especially with the traffic that SB gets, certainly isn't free.
Like every other site that doesn't use malicious adds? Or how the site has been working for the past 20 years?

I came here for scubaboard, not to browse mouser.

Like every other site that doesn't use malicious adds? Or how the site has been working for the past 20 years?

I came here for scubaboard, not to browse mouser.

Like any other forum(like ar15.com) if you want to browse and enjoy the site for free you have to deal with the BS. If you put a small chunk of change aside and put it towards being a supporter than you have no ads. You cant enjoy all the perks of being a supporter while having no skin in the game.

Popup advertisements and redirects to other sites are NEVER ok.

Well I guess you could always start up your own forum and not have any ads! Maybe I'm just an old boomer......but with pop-up ads, don't you have to actually click on them to be redirected to their site?

Back
Top Bottom