Full Face Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
ok have gotton some quotes little shocked at price ,
one was the AGA mask , mask price about same , but then you have to pay extra for the ABV valve , the hose when the guardian comes with it all asa a kit for price of the mask alone , wonder why dive rescue international not selling the guardian mask .

well as all can see the guardian is recalled , so has anyone used another FFM other than the AGA like maybe:
Poseidon. Atmosphere Full Face Mask with X stream First Stage /Jet stream 2nd Stage
Ocean Reef Neptune Space Raptor Full Face Mask
Ocean Reef Predator Full Face Mask
like :Shield Display & Visor Light
Integrated Data and Illumination System
OCEAN REEF, Inc | Products.SDVL

AGAs are proven already. We considered the Guardian but went with AGA. After the Guardian has been out awhile and proven itsself we may re consider it.

Kinda goes along the lines of "you get what you pay for". My team has employed AGAs for the past 8 years without fail. They are simple to maintain and like ChainSaw said, are pretty much an industry standard for PSD teams.

We also have two KM EXO26 FFMs. These have been around my team for the better part of 18 years. Heavy and hard to clear, but work well with only yearly maintainence and new spider straps.

I was very interested in the Guardian FFM, but can not justify the purchase of even one, when the aformentioned FFMs are still very much in operation. You also have to remember the initial purpose of the Guardian was for the recreational market (I believe I read that on this board http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/pu...guardian-full-face-mask-new-product-dema.html ).

Don't get me wrong, I love OTS and we use a lot of their products and have never had a problem. You just have to keep in mind, the equipment that has been built to handle the rigors of PSD for as long as the AGA has, will come with a steeper price tag. Drysuits are the same.. Viking is through the roof, but yet again, an industry standard.

A neighboring county uses the Neptune system and have had issues with it. They have since switched to AGAs.

We have been using AGAs for 20 years and out side of routine maintenance, have had very little problems with them. We clean them after every dive and once a year I tear them down and go through them. We have 20 of them in our team and they are used at least 24 times a year.
We dive the mississippi river on a routine basis, we are currently working a case, looking for 30 safes.
grumpie......

well we went with the aga masks and MK-7 buddy line . well evaluate them and go from there to start with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom