Full Face Mask??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bobb

Reaction score
Does anyone use or has ever used a full face mask? I just purchased one, and am a little concerned with the reg. placement and the thought of whether or not it will fall out.. I was told that you "just push the reg. in, you don't even have to tie wrap it". How 'bout it people?
Thanks in advance
Bobb

ICUROK
Beats me, I just purchased a silicone full face mask online..not an expensive one.. I think I paid 75 bucks for it..
thanks,
Bobb

If the critter is the one I'm thinking of, it was originally made by Cressi, and now that their patent has run out, several outfits are making them, including IDI.
Does it look like this:
http://joediver.bizland.com/aucpic/M-37.jpg

If so, there are 2 ways you can go with the reg; with or without the mouthpiece. I'd recommend starting off WITH the mouthpiece on the reg., you may be able to stuff the whole thing through the mouth hole & get a seal, and using the mouthpiece will eliminate the CO2 buildup problem associated with non-compartmented FFMs.
If stuffing doesn't work, you'll have to remove the mouthpiece & zip tie the critter together.

bengiddins once bubbled...
:confused:

Is it possible to change regs during a dive with one of those? eg for out-of-air, etc.

A spare mask is considered "de rigeur"... In the event of OOA, you rip off your Full Face Mask, put your spare (from your right thigh pocket ???) and use the donated reg.

(Could be wrong... This came up is a discussion over .. ahem - bevies after a class.)

Let us know how it goes... I'm interested in the things too!

you mean you would actually dive with that ?

Yah, as far as FFMs go, that model has been around for over 30 years. They work quite well and give the most bang for the buck of any FFM.
The best thing about a FFM is when you're in the water for extended periods of time, after 8 hours you get a little sloppy with biting down on the mouthpiece & it can fall out of your mouth if you doze off.:wink:

Bob3
Yep, that's the one..I'll give the stuffing it through trick a try, and if that don't work, then I'll zip tie it...thanks!

The other pics were of a "Good ffm" not like this one :):)

thanks again

Back
Top Bottom