Full Face Mask revisited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Thalassamania,

I'll go check out the AGA and guardian as well as get more information about the options that come with the mask. From what I gathered so far, the draeger is capable of use with rebreathers and standard regs but I'll find out more about the aga too.

Many thanks,

SangP

The AGA is not designed for rebreathers, but I have heard of it being adapted with a custom front plate.

Hi Thalassamania,

Thanks for the info. Do you know where I can get more info about this mod to the AGA?

Regards,

SangP

This is the only one I know, there may be others, this one is more expensive than the mask.

agabite1.jpg

Hi Thalassamania,

I'm going to first try out the draeger mask that my friend has and see how well it fits my diving.

I'm now having some concerns about using a ffm... the costs for all the bits n pieces are really high.

Thanks again,

SangP

Yeah ... if you can borrow and try out that's great. FFMs are expensive, especially if you want to use them in different ways. Let me know how you like the Drager.

Yeah ... if you can borrow and try out that's great. FFMs are expensive, especially if you want to use them in different ways. Let me know how you like the Drager.

Will do my friend,

Thanks again for the advice.

Yeah, you weren't kidding about expensive. Draeger ffm $1,100, rebreather port $880, 2nd stage adapter $58, coms gear $1,000.

Whew!

SangP

Last edited:
Go with the AGA! I used one not too long ago and absolutely loved it!! Great fit, perfect seal, no fog, huge field of view, easy to breathe, and you can talk to your buddy. I think that will be my next big purchase.

Go with the AGA! I used one not too long ago and absolutely loved it!! Great fit, perfect seal, no fog, huge field of view, easy to breathe, and you can talk to your buddy. I think that will be my next big purchase.
But have you used the others so that you have something to compare to?

SangP,

I didn't know you were also interested in full-face masks until I stumbled into this thread. I have used several, and for just regular diving I do like the AGA mask. Years ago I wanted to get a simple communication system going, but never did. Rather than using a wireless system, which is pretty expensive, I thought about using a hard-wire intercom system, only using waterproof components, and making it so that the wire could be unplugged when you want to. We used to use (and they probably still do) these kinds of systems to talk on board military helicopters. We could plug in whenever we wanted and talk, then unplug. Well, I never got that idea off the ground, but with your ability I thought I'd throw it out there. It shouldn't be too difficult to get the waterproof mikes and ear phones, and put together a waterproof tube to house some simple electronics. The tricky part may be to get a coupling you could take apart when you want to.

One other communications technique I have used, which you can use now, is simply to take your mouthpiece out of your mouth, move your mask down over your mouth, and shout at close distance. I have used that, and my buddy understood what I was saying, in warm fresh water; 'probably isn't a good idea in cold water where you're using a hood though. And, it would work better with the older, large volume masks.

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom