Full Face mask, Ocean Reef G-Diver ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep the mask from fogging and be a little larger. I find the spectrum to be a bit cramped.

Bought a new Ocean Reef G.Divers mask and the equalizer extensions were missing. It was an ebay purchase so I don't have much recourse in returning for another. I can't use this mask until I get these. I've hit ocean reef and 2 ocean reef silver dealers with no results yet. Anyone know where I can score the equalizer extension kit... it's like 3 sets of varying size. I can't find this for sale ANYWHERE.

Didn't mean this to be a hijack... just going where there is some experience.

Thanks.

-Troy

Yeah, I have the actual nose pieces, but there are extension pieces that go behind them in the back plate that adjusts their depth in the mask. That's what I can't seem to find. So, the nose blocks don't reach out far enough for me and so I can't equalize with them.

Here's the manual, which includes a detailed diagram and parts list. Once you find out exactly the name of the part you need, I'd suggest calling or emailing ocean reef directly:

OCEAN REEF, Inc.
1699 La Costa Meadows Dr. Suite 101 San Marcos, CA 92078
Phone +1 760 744 9430 Fax +1 760 744 9525
E-mail: operator@oceanreefgroup.com

I haven't tried them directly myself. In the past, I've always been able to buy any part I needed from a local dive shop that is an ocean reef dealer. They're in Pinellas Park, FL and I don't think they take orders over the phone nor do they have an online store.

I wouldn't tell the shops that you bought it on eBay.

I think the parts you're looking for are:
Part# QTY Description
6926 2 EQUALIZER EXTENTION SHORT 3mm
6927 2 EQUALIZER EXTENTION LONG 6mm
6928 2 EQUALIZER EXTENTION X-LONG 10mm

Attachments

• neptune_space_gdivers.pdf
    878.9 KB · Views: 61
Thanks for the info. And, you are exactly right on those part numbers. I have contacted Ocean Reef via email, with no response and I've contacted 2 Ocean Reef Silver dealers in my state to which they reached out to their reps.. no Ocean Reef response yet. Guess I'm just gonna have to sit on the phone all day until I can convince them to send me these 29 cent parts for my new, warranty registered ffm.

Hasn't anyone ever lost these things before? You'd think they'd be for sale in a ton of places. I have an OTS Guardian nose block on the way, to which I'll probably have a newly fabricated mounting plate for by the time I actually get the replacement extensions or response from Ocean Reef.

Appreciate everyone's help though!

Troy

Here's a pic from the .pdf that Kelemvor posted. This is what I'm looking for... if anyone has a set laying around not in use, I'd love to have them.

-Troy

OceanReefEqualizationExtensions.jpg

Well, after going through a platinum dealer to get some help, Ocean Reef finally contacted me and will be sending the equalizer extensions to me. Whew!

Big shout out to Carolyn Wagner, manager of RumRunners dive shop in Winterville NC for reaching out to her OR rep to get me some help. She didn't have to do this for me as I didn't purchase my IDM from her shop, but she did it anyway and I'm very grateful. Her reason for helping... sometimes divers just need to do the right thing and help out a fellow diver. So, if you're ever near the NC coast wreck diving or something, look them up. Class act shop with class act folks working there... and they can fully service your Ocean Reef gear.

-Troy

Back
Top Bottom