Fuji underwater cases. Good or Bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyJH42

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone out there using Fuji's own underwater cases? Anything good/bad to say about them? How does their build quality compare to Ikelite?
I'm thinking of buying one of the new Fuji F200EXR compacts + case

Thanks

I would rather suggest the Fuji F60d and Ikelite case as a better camera for underwater use.

N

I have used Canon, Olympus, abd Fuji cases. I think the Fuji cases are excellent. They are better than the Canon cases and on a par with the Olympus cases. I have gotten alot of usage from my Fuji f31fd and fuji case. The fuji cases are well made and have double O-ring seals.

If you are looking for a deal try the Fuji f100fd (tristatecamera.com $259.99 less $100.00 Fuji rebate) and the case Fuji WP-FXF100 (on E-Bay search WP-FXF100 and you will see a seller has the case for $99.99). I received the case and is 100% Fuji. Quite a deal for $259.99 total. I have read the Fuji f100fd is a good camera for scuba, certinly not as good as a pro camera but for the price wow what a deal.

I'm using my second Fuji camera and case. The first was a F700 and now I have a F50fd
Since the F60fd doesn't have a case available that I am aware of My suggestion is the F50fd. The cases are of very good quality and the cameras are the best from a price/performance standpoint. All the cameras that can match it's performance and features are twice the price or more.

Thanks for the feedback.
The f100fd was top of my list until the F200EXR was announced last month. I'm waiting for some online reviews to see if the extra $200 cost is worth it. I'm really attracted by the performance it's supposed to have in low light.
In January my Canon A710IS case flooded 4th dive into a 3 week trip. I'll never buy a Canon case again. Fortunately I had a backup (Olympus Stylus 500, surprisingly good for it's age)

I've had every case from the f10 to the f50...they are all nice and never had a leak... the canon case is very cheaply made by comparison.

And you can buy from Fuji, the replacement orings... which does not seem to be possible with the canon.

The new F200 has some interesting spec's...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom