Ft. Pickens Thursday Aug. 27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrmccoy

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone going to be diving ft. Pickens on Thursday?

High tide is at 11:55 I plan to be there for 9-9:30 and make two dives if the conditions are decent.

I was hoping to get a couple in either on Thursday or Friday- - 9 am @ Ft. Pickens sounds good!

Thursday @ 9 am........sounds like a plan to me!

Last edited:
I've never been to Ft. Pickens. Where do you meet up? It looks like you'd go over to Pensacola Beach and then head west????

Anyone driving thru Daphne and want to carpool? I'd pitch in on gas :blinking:

Hey guys, changed my mind (or had it changed for me). I went to Underwater Works today to rent some gear since they're closed on Wed. Chas said with a neap tide the visibility will be horrible on Thursday. I'd really like to do a dive with at least decent visibility.

Carl - thanks soooo much for the offer to pick me up. I'd definitely take you up on it next time :blinking: I didn't get over to Mobile today (thought about it but didn't feel like fighting the traffic). I did call them though and they have 3 regulators. None were Atomics or Scubapro, but I may still go look.

Tina

Bamaskubacat -
Hey, I'm Kate, Carl's fiancee. I understand being a little nervous about conditions, and yes Ft. Pickens is somewhat notorious about poor visibility and the possibility of some current. BUT I also would encourage you to go with us anyway, if we get there and it is really bad we won't dive, and the absolute BEST way to get over that nervousness is to go dive, especially with some more experienced divers. We would LOVE for you to come with us, and afterwards we can go eat somewhere and I will share my stories of being nervous about diving. If you want we can let the boys buddy up and we will buddy up and you can literally hold my hand through the whole dive. We would love to have you and I highly encourage you to go with us tomorrow, as it really isn't as bad as they say and it is great for your experience.

With a neap tide it isn't always horrible. It is just a gamble.....
We can do Destin or st. Andrews if y'all want to.....I will just have to leave a little earlier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom