Ft Lauderdale/Maimi dive sites & night life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cow_boy2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey there all,
Chilly Canadian, booked for Blackbeards cruise May 21st, I've got 24 hours with an evening to kill in Ft Lauderdale/Maimi, anyone down there who figures they can help a single male Canuck appreciate the sights & sounds of Florida give me a yell - I get in on the 20th & figure I'll enjoy sun I haven't seen & the water that isn't stiff.
Cheers, Darryl.
email - darrylnoble@hotmail.com

cow_boy2:
SNIP... anyone down there who figures they can help a single male Canuck appreciate the sights & sounds of Florida give me a yell -...SNIP
That's the "shoulder" of the season, so things here will still be wild but winding down until winter.

Somebody here will undoubtably be able to give you the url for a very active single divers site... lots of locals there.

Watch this forum for anything going on while you're here and chip right in with questions and how to make the program work for you. There's nothing formal about our get-togethers.

I think one of the best "night life" places for folks in the FLL area is the Hollywood broadwalk. You can actually dive right from the beach there, and if nothing else is going on already then posting a new activity (here) could begin a great time for you. To get the most exposure to divers, you should include the time and place for the dive in a new thread. Hollywood beach/broadwalk has bars, restaurants and just about anything a single Canadian might want. You'll need a car unless somebody can give you a lift.

If you're confined to FLL without transportation then your options are pretty much limited to using the Water Taxi to get around from hot spot to hot spot. The taxi costs $5 for a 24-hour pass and they pick-up/drop-off at the major concentrations of fun around the Intracoastal.

We normally shore-dive off of Lauderdale by the Sea, and there are plenty of boat trips out from Pompano Beach or Pier 66. You'll be staying within a very short cab ride of either of these, I'm sure.

So this gives you something to think about... what appeals to you? We'll try to give you more specific information.

OK, this is all I can tell you, I will be arriving in Ft. Laudredale at 1:20pm on Friday May 20th, I have to be in Miami by mid afternoon on the 21st to catch my Blackbeards cruise - I'll be running a Grayhound between the two cities, thus ends the "plans" - plan is to do my check out dives on the cruise - unless I find a buddy who's an instructor in the prior 24hrs & get in an afternoon dive on friday or a Saturday morning dive, shore dive or otherwise (can I dive without an instructor before I'm certified?)- no accomodations booked - no idea where I'll be friday night - ya, I'm running light, never done it before - life's too short for too much structure - thus the reason I'm open to Ideas -Cheers, Darryl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom