Ft. Lauderdale for 2 weeks in mid May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Vlahos

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I will be in the Ft Lauderdale area for 3 weeks. During the second and third weeks I am interested in diving. I am available weekdays only. I work on the show "The Producers" so Tuesday thru Friday evenings and all day Saturday and Sunday are out for me. I will be available starting Monday May 10 and am looking for info about boats or a dive buddy for shore diving. I will have just completed advanced nitrox and decompression procedures classes but am probably more interested in standard recreational depths for this trip... but what the heck I am open to suggestions as I am not really familiar with the dive sites that are avialable. I travel with everything I will need except tanks. I don't mind diving with new (recently certified) divers or more experienced divers. The key for me is my weekday availability.

Please either respond in this thread or PM me. It can often be difficult to find buddies for mid week diving so here is your chance.

Mark Vlahos

P.S. Sorry but I can not get free or discounted tickets to our show, even for my wife.

Visiting Mom 5/15 to 5/23. We are taking a little excursion from 5/17 to 5/19, but I might be available after that...

I've gone out with Parrot Island (Fathoms O'Fun) out of Pompano in the past and have enjoyed that.

and, not to worry, I have already seen The Producers here in LA with Martin Short and Jason Alexander. Took Mom for her 80th b-day last year. Good show!

kelpmermaid:
Visiting Mom 5/15 to 5/23. We are taking a little excursion from 5/17 to 5/19, but I might be available after that...

I've gone out with Parrot Island (Fathoms O'Fun) out of Pompano in the past and have enjoyed that.

and, not to worry, I have already seen The Producers here in LA with Martin Short and Jason Alexander. Took Mom for her 80th b-day last year. Good show!

That was our company, unless you were there the two weeks I was on vacation in Hawaii, I was most certainly there. Jason and Marty are no longer with our company (Los Angeles only) the show is still great. I have seen it more than 600 times, I have to if I still want to get paid :wink: , and I am still entertained by it. Regrettably I can not say this about every show I have worked on.

Mark Vlahos

you don't work the pigeons, do you? LOL, the little swastikas under their wings were SOOOO twisted!

Anyway, I'd be up for a dive Thursday or Friday morning, May 20 or 21, if that would work. I'd prefer to do a boat dive, if we can be sure there are enough divers for the boat to actually go out, and weather permitting. Will your wife go, too?

In case you are wondering, I recently completed my 300th dive, most of them here around LA. I have done some diving out of Pompano and Boynton Beach during previous visits to Mom.

If this looks good with your schedule, pm me. One thing -- when I go to Mom's, I won't have computer access, so we'd have to work out contact in advance.

Mary-Lou

kelpmermaid:
you don't work the pigeons, do you? LOL, the little swastikas under their wings were SOOOO twisted!

Mary-Lou

No I don't work the pigeons, but I agree they are quite funny. I am the Head Electrician so that means I am responsible for the lighting. I am happily one of the people that you never see.

Mark Vlahos

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom