Ft. Lauderdale Eats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiggy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My husband and I are heading down to Ft. Lauderdale in two weeks to complete our certifications. I'm looking for some good restaurant suggestions for the area. We're celebrating our anniversary on this trip, so I'm looking for both nice and economical places.

We're staying on in the East Oakland Park Blvd/A1A area, but are willing to travel for good food! We're up for anything except seafood. Would much rather chase the fishies than eat them :wink:

Thanks!

PIRANHA PATS (FLANIGAN'S) 2500 E. Atlantic Boulevard Pompano Beach 33062
954.943.3762. Has good ribs -- surprisingly so. Do not be fooled by the exterior. Fun, casual place. I am sure you will get lots of up-scale options as well, but this is the one place I always make sure to stop when I am in the area.

I was there for the first time on a dive trip in February. I met some friends at a place called Shooters. Research that place. It was cool. On the water where baots dock, or sit inside. Good food and good portions. $3 valet parking.

We like a place called the Oasis. I think you can find their menu online. Its right on the A1A and you sit outside in covered gliders and can see the ocean. It got your typical sports bar type food.

I live on Commercial & A1A, just a big-block north of Oakland Park.

The closest "nice" restaurant to where you are is the black orchid cafe... here's the link: http://www.blackorchidcafe.com/ It's just a "small block" south of Oakland Park. VERY good.

1 big block "south" on Sunrise you'll find our personal favorite, Franko & Vinny's Pizza Shack - NO REALLY it's awesome. No atmosphere except at the wine bar, where Victor the manager will serve you wine or beer. He's a trip... been there 30 years. The food is excellent - not just good. Trust me. Eat at the bar.

Commercial Blvd has the best restaurants in the immediate area. Our favorite here is Zucherello's - always packed, if you want to people watch you'll get a great seat at the bar right away. Food is exceptional... more varied than Franko & Vinny's and mostly fish.

Andre's is a steakhouse also on commercial... pricey but worth it... one of the best I've seen.

Finally, we enjoy the blue moon, across the street from Bennihana (sp?) on the Intracoastal. Not overly expensive and the food is good with excellent atmosphere. Great sunsets, but HOT so bring your shades and call ahead for a "waterside" table.

The best pizza in the area is at Sunrise & a1a. It's a chain but don't let that fool you. It's Primante Brothers (SP?) on the corner just south of Sunrise. While you're there, the tourist shops nearby are the best around. There's also the Parrot, a Philly cheese steak bar we find a lot of fun, and a "new" Irish pub... can't think of the name.

If you want to drop some cash, go to The Grill Room" in the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas. Best in town, IMO, but expensive. There may be a dress code.

Do some research on the "water taxi" and you'll find that there are a lot of options for dining off of Las Olas or Riverwalk with a very cool water taxi ride to/from.

You can find these using any search engine but let me know what sounds interesting and I'll elaborate.

There's a ton of great restaurants in the Las Olas/Riverwalk area. There's so many there, that you can just walk around and look at menu's, picking the restaurant that best suits your mood.

Mike

I concurr with the Riverwalk statement. I always enjoyed that area for a night out. You need to specify if you are looking for wings or wine list though.

Fort Lauderdale can give you 35.00 for two or $350.00 for two. There was a place called "The Chart House" reservations required... bring a copy of your latest W2 and Beacon rating to be seated. Or across the river is Shirt tale charlies. Each to his own. You can water taxi to catch whatever show is currently playing at the Perfoming art Center just round the bend.. great night out.

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom