Ft. Lauderdale Dive Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVMike

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How is the diving in Ft. Lauderdale this time of the year, September to October?

What is the water temperature?

tia

mike

WVMike once bubbled...
How is the diving in Ft. Lauderdale this time of the year, September to October?

tia

mike

WVMike,

I’m sure some of the FL divers will chime in with better info, but IIRC I read somewhere that the water temps for Sept-Oct were mid to upper 70s. Average vis somewhere between 60-100 ft (depending on where you are diving). If I find the link for confirmation, I’ll PM you or post it here.

WVMike once bubbled...

tia

mike

Viz varies from day to day (20' to 70'+) and temps should in the upper 70's to low 80's. Be aware, we've had some thermoclines this year below 100' but that's pretty much gone away at this point.

I would like to do some diving while I am there next week. Anyone have suggestions? How hard is it to find a dive buddy that knows the area? Any good shore dives?

FYI: I will be there Wednesday through Friday, so could dive Wednesday or Thursday evening (5:00 PM) or Thursday morning.

Just got back 2 days ago from Lauderdale. Visbility was 20'-50' and bottom temp was 83 degrees F. Fun diving. Go with Lauderdale diver which will put you on the "American Dream II" boat - only 5 divers were on board for all 3 days I dove. They were a great crew. Highly recommend them.

Mike,

I just got back from Deerfield Beach (just up the road from Lauderdale) and the water temps were pretty constant 84 in shallower water, 82 in deeper water. The vis did vary: 55-60 ft max one day to 30-35 ft on another day.

Hope this helps. Of course October is almost over now so this info may not help you.

Daryl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom