Ft.Lauderdale Beach Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marcosis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My question is how far of a swim is it to the reef either in Ft.Lauderdale or Lauderdale by the Sea? I sometimes see divers going from the beach. I usually go on either a dive boat or a friend's boat. My Problem is it's so hard to plan a dive since I only get a couple of days off a month and I don't have very many dive buddies.To get good or even fair conditions, a buddy, a boat and a day off is nearly impossible. I look forward to maybe meeting some friendly Ft. Lauderdale divers (like myself) who maybe would't mind a new dive buddy either for a boat or a beach dive. Thanks for your replies. Marc.

You would have no problem finding buddies on here. The reef is about 1 mile from the shore, so its not a bad swim...

Ok, just kidding. At LBTS its not closer than the end of the pier, 100 yards or so. Not sure what ft lauderdale site you are talking about...

Marcosis:
My question is how far of a swim is it to the reef either in Ft.Lauderdale or Lauderdale by the Sea? I sometimes see divers going from the beach. I usually go on either a dive boat or a friend's boat. My Problem is it's so hard to plan a dive since I only get a couple of days off a month and I don't have very many dive buddies.To get good or even fair conditions, a buddy, a boat and a day off is nearly impossible. I look forward to maybe meeting some friendly Ft. Lauderdale divers (like myself) who maybe would't mind a new dive buddy either for a boat or a beach dive. Thanks for your replies. Marc.
Marcosis if you look at my other thread , essentially I am joining some other veterans out for diving , since my dive buddies are out of town

as far as LBS , there are 2 coral system one is around 100 yds the 2nd one is around 400 yds.. if I remember it right.

look at my other thread if you have this saturday off :)

There's a coral system FOUR HUNDRED yards offshore at LBTS? Never heard of that one, the only 2 I know is the first about 100 yards, and the 2nd about 150 yards....

Marcosis, I will be staying at LBTS all of next week (July 4th)...diving somewhere everyday. PM me if you want to hook up. Always looking for new dive buddies.

Sandbar:sent PM
DennisS:Thanks for the link!

Marcosis: Replied to PM with my cell. Give me a call and you can join us this w/e if you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom