Ft Lauderdale area diving ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Justincase

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i will be coming in with a friend to Ft. Lauderdale area for a get away trip to do some diving ..I'd Like to get some feedback on where to dive and with who for 6/6 thru 6/10

thoughts?

i will be coming in with a friend to Ft. Lauderdale area for a get away trip to do some diving ..I'd Like to get some feedback on where to dive and with who for 6/6 thru 6/10

thoughts?

My favorites are American Dream, Sea Experience, Avid Diver, Miss Conduct, and Parrot Island (not necessarily in that order). :)

Fort Lauderdale/Dania(Port Everglades)
American Dream II Capt. Todd Rogers / 954-577-0338
Sea Experience Capt. Bill Cole / 954-467-6000
Pro Dive 954-PRO-DIVE
Steffy Capt. Rob / 305-788-1165
Blue Runner / 954-923-2388

Pompano Beach and Boca Raton (Hillsboro & Boca Inlets)
Avid Diver / Captain Oliver Paoli / 954-854-7786
Diversity / Captain Tony Coulter / 561-368-9952
Miss Conduct / Captain Conrad Nix / 954-698-6139
Under Pressure / Captain Randy Whitneck / 954-943-2628
Parrot Island Capt. Jerry / 954-942-7333
Pompano Dive Center 954-788-0208
Tonto / Captain Bob Sheridan / 954-548-4457
Lady Go Diver / 954-421-2601
South Florida Diving HQ / 800-771-3483
ScubaTyme / / 954-786-0909

You don't say what type of diving you want to do...

That said, if you are looking for recreational charter boat diving, my favorite op is Sea Experience. You can see their schedule on their website that I linked to, and I know they are doing a double drop on Tenneco Towers this Saturday night.

Hmmm...I'm looking to get wet Sunday morning or maybe during the week, too. Pompano/Boca would be easiest. Any suggestions? Wreck or reef are fine...just looking for warm water.

Hmmm...I'm looking to get wet Sunday morning or maybe during the week, too. Pompano/Boca would be easiest. Any suggestions? Wreck or reef are fine...just looking for warm water.

On the weekdays, your biggest issue might be finding an operator with enough divers to run a trip. Parrot Island usually runs the most day trips but the six pack operators (Miss Conduct / Avid Diver) will always run with three divers as well.

In Fort Lauderdale, ProDive and Sea Experience will run with just two I believe (call to confirm that).

I've dived Sea Experience on weekdays and with his beach location, he pretty much always has enough people to run with. And, IMHO, they are the friendliest dive op in SoFla.

Thanks, I thought that might be an issue. I have been out with Parrot Island and could do that again. I think I saw "Sea Emperor" on their schedule for Sunday.

I'll keep Sea Experience in mind, too.

Last edited:
I have dove with Pompano dive center when they've only had 3 divers as well. You would want to cofirm that they still run with that few of divers. I like this operator

Pompano Dive Center

I have been out with Pro Dive once. A very professional organization, but there is one downside to the way they strucuture the dives, if you are not coming in a big group. When I went out with Pro Dive, they organized us into groups of 5 divers with a flag. My group contained all single divers who did not come with buddies. Pro Dive's policy is that the group goes down and comes up together (at least on the drift dives). My group contained a diver that blew through a 100+ cf tank in about 25 minutes at only 70 feet. On Nitrox, that is almost an hour dive for me with an 80 cf tank (I came up from this dive with just under 2000 psi, if I recall correctly). Obviously, I was not too pleased with the situation: I was not resentful of a diver that uses a lot of gas, just that I was grouped with him and was forced to come up at the same time. Many other dive shops let divers come up as singles or pairs if they have sausages.

there was a posting last week about dive specials
I think Pompano Dive center is runnng a special during the week .It's either buy one & get one free or $30.00 for a two tank dive .U need to call for more information .Either way the price comes out to be the same ,tanks not included

You don't say what type of diving you want to do...

That said, if you are looking for recreational charter boat diving, my favorite op is Sea Experience. You can see their schedule on their website that I linked to, and I know they are doing a double drop on Tenneco Towers this Saturday night.

I'm up for anything that is not too deep...wreck and reef would be great if available

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom