FS - Ikelite SS200 strobes (pair) w/goodies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-hh

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a pair of Ikelite SS-200's that I'm considering letting go. One is the newer black body and the other is the original style orange.

The package would come with four (4) NiCad battery packs (3 were fully rebuilt in 2007 for $200), the Ikelite quick charger, plus an Ikelite Tray f/Nikonos, Strobe arms and the Ikelite Slave Sensor (orange).

There's also two (2) synch cords (Ike / Nikonos plugs) included, and while they've not flooded, they're old and are getting tired: the allignment slot on the Nikonos end is more oval, so it can lose pin contact through going out of allignment. As such, they're okay to keep as a backup, but a new cord is recommended.

I've been using SS-200 strobes since Ikelite first introduced them in 1996; they've been wonderful. During that run, I did have two failures, and these two strobe heads are the replacements, so these particular examples have never flooded or failed.

If this pair worked seamlessly with my Canon 20D, I'd not be selling them, but to get all the eTTL bells & whistles requires sending them back to Ikelite for an electronics upgrade, and the price of which is such that that I'm better off selling these to someone who can use them and buying the new DS- series, rather than have a good pair of strobes disappear from the community.

My price difference between upgrading vs replacing is $950 ($1600 vs $2550), so I'd be quite happy to get this much for the full pair with all the above widgets because it makes my decision for what to do very easy, but price is quite negotiable.

I also have an Ikelite Swing Tray for anyone interested for $50; I'll pay shipping.

-hh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom