Frying Pan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I talked to my friends at Aquatic Safaris and they said a 3 tank dive out to the Frying Pan Tower is no problem but they can only carry 8 divers (can only carry 24 tanks). Hopefully we can get something started because I want to see the tower one more time while it is still standing.

If you guys are putting a boat go for either Southport or (better) the Wild Life Ramp on Fish factory Road near Oak Island. My old Bayliner is not fast and takes about 1 hr 15min to 1 hr 30 min to run to the tower. Nice place to go got some good lobster out of the area. Of course you can do a wreck dive on the Dirfys on the way back in. Out of Cape Fear from R4 Bouy it is about 21 miles to the Tower.

critterc:
If you guys are putting a boat go for either Southport or (better) the Wild Life Ramp on Fish factory Road near Oak Island. My old Bayliner is not fast and takes about 1 hr 15min to 1 hr 30 min to run to the tower. Nice place to go got some good lobster out of the area. Of course you can do a wreck dive on the Dirfys on the way back in. Out of Cape Fear from R4 Bouy it is about 21 miles to the Tower.
Thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom