Front Beach dive report 7/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fencingfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I grabbed a buddy and went to Front Beach in Rockport Sunday. We initially wanted to go to Pebble but there was absolutely no parking so we turned around and went to Back beach where there was again no parking. We finally found a spot right in front of Front Beach so we said, hey, let's try a new site, as neither of us had dove it before.

First dive the tide was just starting to go out. We dove the left side past the point between Front and Back beach. Nice, easy shallow dive. Max depth was 26', vis was around 20' or so with a total dive time of 47 minutes. Didn't have a thermometer on the computer I was borrowing but I think it must have been around 56 degrees. Interesting rock formations down there. We saw some small lobstah and flounder and squirrel hake.

Second dive tide was going out more quickly. We dove straight out from the beach. There were a number of lobster pots out there so I thought that there could be some underwater contour or rocks, but it was just sand. It was an interesting dive, a little light on critters. Max depth was 32' for a 46 minute dive. It was colder at depth but not less than about 53 degrees. Coming back, the sun had warmed up the shallows so that the water could have easily been higher than 65 degrees at the beach.

I went back to Cape Ann Divers afterward and ordered my new regulator!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom