Question From a Zeagle Ranger LTD to BP/W? Did you make the move and how do you like it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Zeagle Ranger LTD back inflate BCD. I have been looking at some BP/W systems and like the XDeep ZEOS system from what I see.
I do drysuit diving during colder months and alot of summer diving, all single tank rec dives. For those of you who have made the move to BP/W, from a Zeagle back inflate BCD or similar system, how do you like it so far?

Was it worth the move to BP/W?

Thanks for any input.

Why do you want to move to a bp/w? What advantage you are trying to gain or what problem are you trying to fix by the move?

(Assuming that you are still talking about single tank diving)

I like the way the tank is held closer and more secure to the body with a BP/W. I put on my 95cu. ft. steel recently in my Zeagle Ranger LTD in my correct size and adjusted correctly and the tank was still really sagging and pulling down and away from the BCD itself because of the flexibility of the Ranger system.

Of course, I know that changes when I get in the water, but I would like a system that keeps my tank as close to my body's center of gravity as possible.

Do you dive a BP/W?

I dove a Ranger LTD for years before switching to BP/W. One of the biggest things I noted on day one was how little weight I needed as compared to the Ranger. The second thing I noticed was how much more stable the tanks felt on my back. A couple neagtives are that it took me some time and coaching on how to easily get into the rig (using a standard BP/W with a continuous piece of webbing). I also found the webbing to be uncomfortable and stiff. The stiffness issue passed with time but you can buy softer webbing as well. Good luck and I hope this helps.

I dove a Ranger LTD for years before switching to BP/W. One of the biggest things I noted on day one was how little weight I needed as compared to the Ranger. The second thing I noticed was how much more stable the tanks felt on my back. A couple neagtives are that it took me some time and coaching on how to easily get into the rig (using a standard BP/W with a continuous piece of webbing). I also found the webbing to be uncomfortable and stiff. The stiffness issue passed with time but you can buy softer webbing as well. Good luck and I hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. This is just the info. I was looking for in my deciding to go to a BP/W at some time in the near future.

Do you dive a BP/W?

I use it part time for single tank diving but use Scubapro Hydros bc more often. Double tank kit is bp/w bc however.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom