Frog kick- full fin recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Waymire

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My splits aren't cutting it for frog kicking. The kind of diving I've been lately doing pretty much demands this kick. My buddy has a full fin and outpaces me consistently with his kicking. He likes his fins, but he's young and they're stiff! Can anybody out there recommend a good full fin that won't wear this old codger out and still allow some propulsion from a frog kick?

I use SP Jetfins for most of my diving but have a pair of cheap*ss snorkel fins that are a little more floppy for warm water diving with minimal gear to push around. They are both great for frog kicks and probably other kicks as well but most of the time I'm a frog. The Jets are heavy and there are some clones out there that are lighter that may be more appropriate to the diving you do. Most paddle fins require that you be in good shape and use good finning technique or they will exact a stiff price in the form of cramping calves and feet. :)

Hollis F1

I am currently testing these, and they are a keeper!

Which means my old trusty Jet-fins is being replaced...

Hollis F1

I am currently testing these, and they are a keeper!

Which means my old trusty Jet-fins is being replaced...

I'll buy your old jets---@ a good price of course....

I'll buy your old jets---@ a good price of course....

I´d love to sell them to you, but I believe it may cost you more than you would like...

Not that I would charge a lot for them, but rather that I live in Norway...:wink:

Got some Hollis F1's last week and finally got in the pool with them yesterday. First impression is really good. I swam about 30 minutes with my trusty SP jets and 30 minutes with the F1's. "Seems" like I get more out of the F1's as compared to the jets. All done on the surface. Holding the SP Large Jet next to the Regular/Large F1, the F1 has a much bigger blade area.
I have a size 7 1/2 US mens foot and use size 7 SP molded sole boots with the F1's. With the jets I use size 6 SP delta boots. Looks like I may be able to use the Hollis fins wet and dry.
Jets were my favorite fins, especially for the frog kick.

Last edited:
IŽ´d love to sell them to you, but I believe it may cost you more than you would like...

Not that I would charge a lot for them, but rather that I live in Norway...:wink:

Well, shipping would be on you right???....j/k'ing of course......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom