Fringeheads and Baby Seal Lobos Sunday April 6th dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you just plan on surprising us with videos from the new camera and then give us the news?

Congrats on the purchase! I can't wait to see the videos you get now.

Hee, hee.. yea, I was just going to shoot the new camera hopefully, they will be a lot better.

Here's the latest video from my old little camera, pretty impressive for a nothing of a camera.:

YouTube - Colors of Carmel-Scuba

I caught a glimpse of it.... I would dare to say it probably cost more than the Doc Wong-mobile...

Yea, I had to think about it a few times. Hm.... video camera? or X-Scooter? It was tough, but the video won out.:)

Hmmm...Doc must have been on top of a thermal the whole dive. I do trust my own thermometer, and it registered 50F. (That corresponds to about 46F on CT's gauge!)

Bruce

Oops, I checked my downloaded log and min temp was 46 degrees at 146 feet. Funny though, during that dive I noticed how warm and comfortable I was.

I have the thick 400 gm DUI Thinsulate undergarmet with:

silk underware, Diving Comcepts Thinsulate vest and this thin fleecy top I got from Monterey Bay Dive Center...I was toasty warm! Then the dry gloves made difference too.

Nothing like be warm in the water!

Doc,

46 degrees sounds more like the blizzard water I hit when I dive Monterey... It's very impressive that your dry suit keeps you that toasty... :)

MG

OK, here's my first video with the new camera:

Diving Montana, Pt Lobos California

Nice vid.
I think it also might help to get a diffuser for the HID lights to avoid blowing out the f/g (esp when getting close to white objects). I need to do the same but have been too lazy so far ...

Oops, I checked my downloaded log and min temp was 46 degrees at 146 feet. Funny though, during that dive I noticed how warm and comfortable I was.

I have the thick 400 gm DUI Thinsulate undergarmet with:

silk underware, Diving Comcepts Thinsulate vest and this thin fleecy top I got from Monterey Bay Dive Center...I was toasty warm! Then the dry gloves made difference too.

Nothing like be warm in the water!

This isnt helping me put off buying a drysuit :(

Nice vid.
I think it also might help to get a diffuser for the HID lights to avoid blowing out the f/g (esp when getting close to white objects). I need to do the same but have been too lazy so far ...

Yea, those Elephant Ear sponges got brunt. I'll use that next time as I have those controls accessable.

Yea, those Elephant Ear sponges got brunt. I'll use that next time as I have those controls accessable.

Oh, you can control the light diffusion somehow ? Or you have some settings on the cam you can tweak ? For me, I am going to need muslin or plastic lids over the HID's to soften things up some.

Back
Top Bottom