Friends don’t let friends join MySpace...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
Hey baby, what they do on their own time outside of the campus is on their parents hands.. while they are on the network at the school, its my game :)

Most folks don't complain.. those who do usually have other motives.. they can take it to the Dean of Students or CFO if its a big deal :D

If they are old enough to die for their country, they are old enough to use Myspace.

Why a campus controls a network other than bandwidth charges is an issue. The students pay for that bandwidth, not the facility. If they are over 18 (an adult) and are paying for it, I have to wonder why it's restricted.

Stamp me a liberal, but censoring adults will go no where. CBulla, if this is NOT an adult campus, than that is a different story.

Personally I'm sick that our young adults can die, fight, and kill for our country, but they don't have the many privileges that most adults have. People have to learn from their mistakes, and live to learn. If you think that telling someone how to live beyond the age of 18 is working, think again. They will rebel, or find ways around the system. Ohh we wise ones of many think we can outsmart the young, energetic, and foolish.. did we not learn anything in our youth?

When I was growing up, we were told to never trust anyone over 30. Now that I'm well past that age, it makes me cringe to think about that. :11:

Matt_NJ:
In truth it's all about having an expectation of privacy. Anything that you post out on the internet to a site like myspace you have no expectation of privacy, therefore that information can be obtained and used against you by people like these. These sites contain "Public Profiles" which means you want anything there viewed by the general public.

Personally I do not think the general public needs to know all that much about me, my SB profile is about as much as i'm willing to provide to people that I do not know. If I ever had the incling to setup a site by which I could share BLOG's and images with my friends I would set it up to be password protected community which my friends would have to join..... Maybe I should compete with myspace on that!

And we have all this outcry from everyone on the Patriot Act invading their privacy....Dichotomy isn't even adequate.

Back
Top Bottom