Fridays Photo ~ Party Colors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
There are some amazing colors and patterns in the fish we see. These Fairy Basslets always put me in a good mood.

abg.jpg

Oly C-4040....1/60....f/5.6....internal flash

Juvenile yellow spotted boxfish. Internal flash, auto mode. Wish I had a clearer photo of it but these guys are really shy.

Sorry, one of the MISfortunes of living on a small, tropical island is spotty internet service. I can't seem to attach the file. Time for me to start a website that I can link to!

Ahhh...the "purple shouldered yellowfish"! :wink:

humuhumunukunukuapua'a

Yep that's the Hawaiian name of this and a few other triggerfish. Also called the Lagoon Triggerfish, this is the prettiest. Most locals just call them humu's cuz it's easier.

Great Fairy Basslet Dee. That's a tough shot. How'd you get him to hold still? :wink:

lagoonhumu.jpg

My favorites out here, common though they are, are the:

juvenille garibaldi

I mean, a bright orange fish is colorful enough already... but with neon blue spots? Gotta love it, especially when the sun hits them juuuust right!

Love the Basslet too, Dee. Never could shot a small fish like that, that close, beside a few gobies here and there.

Like your triggerfish too, Tortuga, I am just too afraid of getting too close to one :)

Here is mine, a blackside hawkfish.
fa9ebcdc.jpg

F5.6, 1/80, internal flash

Tortuga....I love your Humu! I had a small 4" one in my 120gal SW tank...he didn't stay small long. What a great personality they have. Luckily the local Aquarium took him and I learned my lesson. :rolleyes:

How'd I get him to sit still? LOL...I didn't! About 20 shots, some aggrivation and prayer got me 2 decent shots!

Alaity...your Juv. Garibaldio reminds me of our Juv. yellowtail Damsel, which is a cousin. They are navy blue with those same neon blue spots as juvies. As adults their are just navy blue with yellow tails.

ssra...What a grumpy looking fellow! I was always told not to wear stripes and polka dots together...:D

ssra30 once bubbled...
Like your triggerfish too, Tortuga, I am just too afraid of getting too close to one :)
No worries - Humus got plenty aloha

Not like those titan triggers :)
----------------------------------------

Anastasia

The juv garibaldi was nice. They may be common to you, but I haven't seen one in over 20 years!
--------------------------------------------

Dee -

Yeah you probably used specimen pins to hold him down, then cloned them away in photoshop. :D

Dee, next time I see him, I will pass him the message about polka dot and stripes. How about this one, a bit better fashion sense, I suppose, just polka dot and chic little number for a black tie gala :)

fa9ea27f.jpg

F8, 1/100, ISO 64, macro mode Ikelite DS 125 strobe, Inon WAL/dome lens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom